Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32854 - 01/03/03 12:48 PM Wife's Seizure
JamesMichael Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm depleted. In the midst of Christmas morning gift-giving, my wife had a horrible grand mal seizure. She sustained injuries to her head and side due to the fall. My daughter and I did CPR. My son called 911. My youngest daughter went to her room and prayed. She stopped breathing, turned white. I thought I had lost her. The paramedics, police, and fire company came to the house. Turns out the seizure was attributed to 400 mg of Wellbutrin she was taking daily. However, she'd been on it for nearly 18 months with no adverse side effect until Christmas morning. She's off it now. Today's my first day back at work since the incident. I needed to be at home to take care of her and the kids as she recuperated. I'm really spent. I feel like I just want to be alone and take care of myself. Need lots of space and privacy...but it's hard to come by. Therapist, friends, kids have been supportive.

Thanks for listening.

Would appreciate kind words, safe hugs, etc.

JM

#32855 - 01/03/03 01:21 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
(((JM))) (Those are gentle safe friendly hugs or waves of brotherly love or concern or whatever you can handle right now. I'm joining your daughter in prayer for all of you.)

#32856 - 01/03/03 01:53 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
James
I'm thinking of you, be strong friend.

Dave

#32857 - 01/03/03 02:09 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Best wishes and a strong, safe hug.

Peace

#32858 - 01/03/03 09:44 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
JM
I'm so sorry to hear about that. What an ordeal. I'm glad she is back home and recovering. But it sounds like you and probably the kids too, need to recover as well. Take good care of each other and yourselves.

My prayers go out for your whole family.

...t

#32859 - 01/04/03 12:02 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
bosishere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nashville,tn,usa
JamesMichael- what a way to have a Christmas day!!I too suffer from seizures and they DO come at such upredictable times. I have heard of and have seen others take Welbutrin. I take neutontin 300 mgs b4 I go to bed, and take depakote sr 500 mgs in the morning to help prevent some of pain. I do know that the body, after time, begings to not fully accept a drug you or some one you know is taking, and I always think of a second opinion when dealing with strong medication. You and all of your family have my thoughts and prayers. Michael aka bosishere

#32860 - 01/04/03 02:04 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi James Michael,

Sorry to hear of your wife haqving that seizure. I am happy that she is ok now and has good reason to believe that she won't have that in the future. Medicines can be a blessing, but they all have some kind of side effect.

you, your wife and your children can be reassured now that the cause is known and was removed. Your wife probably needs a lot of reassurance these days.

I am sure you will all be fine and even closer to each other in the future because of this wretched event.

Peace to you all.

Bob

#32861 - 01/06/03 04:42 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Sameer Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas
Dear James,

I sincerely hope that you, your wife and family are doing well since Christmas day. These must be very difficult times for all of you and I want to wish you guys all the best and pray for your wife's recovery.

I am new to this forum but I wanted to say that I can partly uderstand how much you must be going through now becasue I also have a sister who is recovering from brain surgery and suffers from frequent seizures during the day, some of which are grand-mal and some petite.

My sister is the closest and probalby the only friend I feel like I have. Before we found out that she had brain cancer she and I told eachother everything and she was my pillar of support. She was the only person I was able to tell about my abuse and the only one that knows. She has been so very understandig of accpeting me for who I am and has always been there.

Its tough to see her fight her cancer; she is unresponsive most of the day, and too weak to be her usual self. God alone knows how much I have burdened her with my own problems and how much stress and pain she must be in now.

Her recovery is progressing slowly but I know there is a brighter future ahead for all of us and the same is true for you and your family.

Once again, all the best and my empathy is with all of you,
Sincerely,
Sameer

#32862 - 01/06/03 07:48 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Sameer
I have no doubt that you sharing your problems with your sister is no burden to her, if we love someone their problems are our problems.
I bet she feels the same about you.

Anyway, welcome to MS, although the reason we're here isn't any fun.
But stick around, there's a great bunch of people here who give support, friendship and advice.

Be strong
Dave

#32863 - 01/06/03 10:39 PM Re: Wife's Seizure
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Sameer, my prayers are with your sister, and with you. Welcome to Male Survivor.

Victor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.