Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jude, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63103 Topics
441289 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#328513 - 04/15/10 04:01 PM News: Boys At School Assault Younger Boys
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Winnepeg Private School

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23884890

Allen

(information supplied to me by Joel Rosset)

#328517 - 04/15/10 04:27 PM Re: News: Boys At School Assault Younger Boys [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
That is a terrible story Allen. Disgraceful behaviour. I know that there are big problems in all organisations, but there are many examples where older children are taught to help and respect younger ones, to help teach and lead them. This is evident in some youth organisations. You would think that with a system where different ages interact more such as in a private boarding school that they would be taught to help their peers rather than abuse and humiliate them. It perhaps shows that there is bad leadership in these schools, and that the children are learning from bad examples. Either that or it is a case of a bunch of rotten apples.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#328524 - 04/15/10 04:51 PM Re: News: Boys At School Assault Younger Boys [Re: king tut]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
In many residential situations, hazing is common. It is still abuse. It was starting to get stamped out back in the 80s. I was on a small college soccer team and hazing was tradition in training camp. As a freshman, I made it out a window when they came for me and after an hour long chase they finally caught me in a wooded area. For the trouble I cause, I was stripped and duct taped to a lamp post in front of our dorm which was on another campus. A few cute coeds were quite amused by my predicament. However complaints were made and the seniors were told to tone it down. The next year, a goalie got strapped to a college sign above a major highway. The police were called by a passerby. That was the end of it as the senior's and captains were treated to an "extra practice" by the coach with the freshman seated in the bleachers. I suspect that may have been a form of hazing, not something they were sexually motivated to do. Not that it excuses them or reduces the damage to the victims.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#328528 - 04/15/10 05:41 PM Re: News: Boys At School Assault Younger Boys [Re: catfish86]
jls Offline

Hazing can be quite common in adult venues too. As a former member of the military I can attest to this. However, things have changed alot since I did my service, in no small part due to a string of incidents that became public and led to changes. JS

#328580 - 04/16/10 10:16 AM Re: News: Boys At School Assault Younger Boys [Re: jls]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

The amazing thing about hazing is how vehemently some people will defend outright torture that they would condemn in any other circumstance, because it's okay in this one single case because it's a "tradition".

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.