I agree with you that if it's something that's a compulsion then they should get treatment for it, but what makes a desire a compulsion? If you make someone feel ashamed or bad about what they want to do, human nature tends to cause them to continue pursuing it regardless. It becomes a cycle that's pretty harmful. But, does that mean the thing they wanted in the first place is bad?

I get all the discussion on self-honesty, but what does that even mean? How do you know if you're being honest with yourself?

If Joe Kort's methods have helped you, then that's great and I don't want to undo that, but I'm troubled that he's using ideas that aren't based on empirical research. If there is empirical research, then I would like to see it. So many people have been hurt when pseudoscience is passed off as real science and I don't know if what he's talking about is real science, i.e. based on solid evidence produced in peer-reviewed journals. I may be wrong, but I want to see evidence before I change my mind.