Newest Members
ffreemalesurvivo, AdvocateInOregon, Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC
12440 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12440 Members
74 Forums
63858 Topics
445887 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#328067 - 04/11/10 10:54 PM Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger**
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
**I couldn't decide if this should go here or in off topic, mods move if you think it should be someplace else**

Maybe, I'm overreacting but I'm tired of how the media portrays CSA when it involves a teen and a women. Last night 15 year old teen pop star Justin Beiber was on Saturday Night Live and they did a skit with him in class. It started out with Justin being the only one who recieves his test back and is nice to the teacher even though he didn't like the grade. We then hear the teacher thinking and eventually thinking he must be flirting with me. She debates back and forth in her head about how this is wrong but she can't help herself and gets outed when she says what she's thinking outloud. While walking out of the class room he says "That ain't cool, I'm going to have to call Gloria Alright (the attorney who represented one of Tiger Woods mistresses)" But the worst part of it is after he says that right before he exits he winks at her to kinda say really I am ok with this.

For anyone who wants to see the clip, its available on Hulu. Right now its the featured clip but you may have to go to Saturday Night Live look for the SNL with Tina Fey episode (4/10) and the clip titled "Teacher"

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#328073 - 04/12/10 01:15 AM Re: Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger** [Re: onlyakid]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
The media is abusing Justin. They have found out that there are a ton of middle-aged ladies oogling over him and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Allen

#328125 - 04/12/10 06:43 PM Re: Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger** [Re: pufferfish]
pkincrisi Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I watched the promos for the last week's SNL episode. I was shocked to see Tina Fey joking about how being on the episode with him was almost criminal. I can't believe that people are using adults preying on teenagers as a joke. Is it supposed to be more acceptable because it's an older woman with a teenage boy? What has the world come to?

#328129 - 04/12/10 07:19 PM Re: Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger** [Re: pkincrisi]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I just watched the clip on Hulu, what was said was "I'm Tina Fey hosting Saturday Night Live this week with Music Guest Justin Beiber which I'm pretty sure counts as a sex crime". Producer laughs. And Tina Fey isn't a stranger to these kinds of jokes either, 30 Rock which Fey is the executive producer and writer of had an episode where there was a reality show called MILF Island, the tagline for the show was "25 Super-Hot Moms, 50 eighth grade boys, no rules."

Tina Fey mad mad

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#328133 - 04/12/10 08:02 PM Re: Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger** [Re: onlyakid]
scubagar Offline

That is extremely disturbing. My fear is that this kind of thing is becoming MORE acceptable over time, not less.

#328191 - 04/13/10 09:56 AM Re: Media and its portrayal of CSA **may trigger** [Re: scubagar]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
And yet if you reverse the genda, ---- oh the disgust!

It's not that I don't think it's equally disgusting, but the hippocracy of people who will say "teen girl and older man, ---- bad! (In fact there have been objections to male teachers taking classes of teenaged girls)" then "teen boy and older woman, ---- oh the humour!"

it's really quite sick.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.