Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (Sonata1, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446660 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#328007 - 04/11/10 10:21 AM Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!!
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Our last regulation game is this afternoon so that means its my favorite time of the year again!!

I wish I could say I thought the Bruins had what it takes but unfortunately we need more then good goaltending to take the cup, but my fingers are crossed.

Although the Capitals are on top I'm gonna have to trust my gut, I dont think they have what it takes. The Pens have what it takes I think, but they need to clean up there game, stop throwing cheap shots and getting game suspensions. I don't know much about the western conference but it seems like the Sharks are doing something right this year. Maybe we'll see another Canadian uprising, it would be cool if Vancouver took it, how many times has one city seen an olympic gold and a Stanley cup in one year.

I am gonna be betting on the upset by the Bruins simply because it is sacrilegious to bet against them, but what do you guys think, who do you think has what it takes?

#328033 - 04/11/10 04:12 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Riley]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have some decent playoff tickets for the Avs and the Blackhawks first round series in Denver. I have tickets for both game #3 and game #4, the game #4 tickets are already spoken for, but the game #3 tickets are still available, they are on the side, around the north goal line, 3rd row in the upper deck. I don't know if game #3 will be next Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th, it will be in Denver at the Pepsi Center. I am waiting to hear back from one guy, otherwise two tickets are available for sure. They are $50 seats, let me know if you are interested. The team sold them to me ahead of the sale to the general public since I had bought tickets to 5 games this season, all at half price or less.

I don't think that the Avs are going anywhere in the playoffs, but it would be a good chance to see the Blackhawks anyway.

Mark

#328094 - 04/12/10 02:16 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Trucker51]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oops!!! Update:

The "official" NHL playoff schedule came out last night online, and my Avs will be playing the San Jose Sharks in the first round, game #3, the first home game in Denver will be a night game on Sunday the 18th, and game #4 of the series will be Tuesday night the 20th. So if any of you San Jose fans out there want a couple of decent upper-deck seats for Sunday night, April 18th, let me know. Section 375, row 3, right above the north goal line on the side, seats 17-18 are available. Face value $62, make offer.

I think that my Avs will have a much better chance against the Sharks than they will eventually have against the Blackhawks, if they are still in it by then. How about your Bruins, think that they can beat the Blackhawks or the Red Wings in 7 games?

Mark

#328136 - 04/12/10 09:02 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Trucker51]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

That's sick Mark, I wish I lived closer, I would definitely take you up on that offer. We are trying to get tickets but we can only do weekends and the first round plays in Buffalo on Saturday. So here's to round two.

PFFFTT Blackhawks and Red Wings are easy, lol. Actually I don't know the western teams that well, but if I had to pick a western team to win I hope its Vancouver. Now if we were 10 years ago and the Red Wings still had the iron curtain up then that would be a different story.

#328208 - 04/13/10 01:10 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Riley]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Riley
I am gonna be betting on the upset by the Bruins simply because it is sacrilegious to bet against them, but what do you guys think, who do you think has what it takes?

Not the Maple Leafs! laugh whistle

Jim
(Canadian Content at your service!)

#328254 - 04/13/10 06:44 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Geeders]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
EA has my Pens losing to the Hawks in 7, lol.

The Pens are strong, and Crosby on fire. The D? Well... not as good as last year. Fleury will have a tougher time.

Would LOVE to see Montreal knock off the Caps. Go Habs! smile

This is the best time of the year!

Jim

My Story

#328294 - 04/13/10 10:24 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Jim1961]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
I'd love to see Montreal take Washington as well... but then I woke up!!!!

This year I am going with my former city of residence "Vancouver"

My predictions for the first round are

Washington over Montreal 5 games
New Jersey over Philadelphia 7 games
Buffalo over Boston 6 games
Pittsburgh over Ottawa 5 games

First round picks Western Conference
San Jose over Colorado 5 games
Chicago over Nashville 5 games
Vancouver over Los Angles 5 games
Detroit over Phoenix 7 games

Good luck to all
Steve

#328389 - 04/14/10 04:13 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: mapleleafsn]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got this email today, anyone need hockey playoff tickets at a 10% discount off of face value?

Brendan Neeson (bneeson@pepsicenter.com)

Just tell him that you know Mark

#328845 - 04/18/10 05:48 PM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Trucker51]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bruins Sabers series is GREAT!!! Really fun games to watch, we are definitely giving them hell.

Sharks over Avs (game 6)
Chicago over Nashville (game 6)
Caps over Habs (game 7)
Jersey over Philly (game 7)

Vancouver over Kings (game 6)
Detroit over Pheonix (game 7)
Bruins over Sabers (game 7)
Pits over Ottawa (game 7)

You should definitely go to game Mark. We are trying to get tickets for a weekend game during round 2.

#328911 - 04/19/10 02:24 AM Re: Get out your hockey sticks gentlemen!! [Re: Riley]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Avs over Sharks in game #3, Glenn Anderson stopped 51 shots, the Avs looked terrible, yet they won 1-0 in overtime. The Sharks are a much-more physical team, yet Anderson stopped everything that they shot. There were a bunch of minor fights, I expect that Tuesday night there will be even more penalties than there were tonight. The only goal was a fluke that slipped between the goal post and the goalie from 90 degrees to the side of the goal, which made the Avs fans ecstatic. There were some sore-loser Sharks fans in the parking lot after the game trying to act tough too.

Tuesday night is coming right up. Should I try to get some seats for game #6? Maybe club seats or lower end or lower corner? If the team wants me to have them for 20% off like the first two games, why not???

Hope that your Bruins last long enough for you to get some second-round tickets Ryan. Playoff hockey sure is fun!!!

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.