Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324151 - 03/05/10 01:25 PM I Was Sleeping...
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I have been on the recovery road for some time...and though I understand a lot of it...every once in a while I find a nugget of truth.

I find it absolutely ironic sometimes what was so obscure in the darkness as a child... what is now is so plainly clear in the light...

My story has always started out with...I was sleeping in my bedroom...my legs were exposed...meanwhile warm and snuggly up top...

Borrowing from Ken Singer's Book, "Evicting The Perpetrator" (pg.20)...

"Both children and adults with PTSD may suffer these physical manifestations and emotional symptoms as well. Some of them include irrational fears (if the child was abused by someone while asleep, could become night terrors and real,not imaginary), irritability, hypervigilance (being on guard most of the time), anxiety about being touched, sudden episodes of trembling or crying, depression, anger, hyperactivity, a sense of hoplessness, and an ability to feel true happiness."

In a nutshell... the child never received this revelation...but the thankfully this middle aged suvivor can can put another piece in the puzzle...

Thank you Ken...for writing this book for male suvivors...

Revelation...???

The Child is Gone (Fionna Apple)

island

#324154 - 03/05/10 01:40 PM Re: I Was Sleeping... [Re: 1islandboy]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Thank you R, so powerful, and so true,

Warm regards, Ron

#324173 - 03/05/10 06:23 PM Re: I Was Sleeping... [Re: Sans Logos]
Gus Bierer Offline

1islandboy

Remember me from chat, i remember you. You live on an island up near washington st., had the pig war there, huh. Anyways. i'm glad you found ken's book helpful. Yes we suffer from PTSD. Now what's the medicine for it? I'm glad that your posting because i can't get back into chat for a couple of months

Gus

#324177 - 03/05/10 06:38 PM Re: I Was Sleeping... [Re: Gus Bierer]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I read that book too!!! Ken's book is a most-enlightening book, glad that it has already brought you a new understanding. Keep on reading, the book gets better and better. Check-out my review of his book in the new MS newsletter!!!

Mark

#327841 - 04/09/10 12:24 PM Re: I Was Sleeping... [Re: Gus Bierer]
arty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Mass
Originally Posted By: Gus Bierer
1islandboy

Remember me from chat, i remember you. You live on an island up near washington st., had the pig war there, huh. Anyways. i'm glad you found ken's book helpful. Yes we suffer from PTSD. Now what's the medicine for it? I'm glad that your posting because i can't get back into chat for a couple of months

Gus

EMDR has begun to work for me. It is not medicine but a way to desensitize myself to the many traumatic memories...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.