Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
8 registered (imharpo, dan_in_newengland, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 75 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62495 Topics
438039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327763 - 04/08/10 07:44 PM Jaded view
tomc Offline

it is weird how your abuse can change your "default" view of the world. my whole life i assumed that all boys with older brothers were pleasuring them. Even now when I meet people who have had a brothers, i can't help but think that they had a similar experience as me. on a deep level i know this cant be the case, but i do find myself assuming that all younger brothers spent time under the covers.

#327764 - 04/08/10 07:46 PM Re: Jaded view [Re: tomc]
Charlie24 Offline

Hey Tom,

Yeah I agree about the distorted view and I do find myself wondering similar things. Obviously this changes you and I guess we have to learn how we want to react to the changes or how we want to view things and I really believe attitude plays a big role.

I'm glad you brought this up cause it's definitely something I think about quite often so thanks for bringing it to light.

Charlie.

#327796 - 04/09/10 12:33 AM Re: Jaded view [Re: Charlie24]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Two of my older cousins once intentionally clotheslined me coming through a doorway for laughs, but the only time that I ended-up in bed with one of my cousins was when the older ones were physically-abusing one of the younger ones and he jumped on the other side of me on a double bed for protection. So no, I don't think that a whole lot of that goes on in most families.

From what I have read, and experienced, there is sometimes some sibling to sibling experimentation that goes on right around puberty, I think that my one sister and I played both "spin the bottle", "doctor", even strip poker with the next-door neighbor girl and a kid or two from down the street when we were all 13 or 14, that qualified as juvenile experimentation. But, an ongoing brother to brother forced sexual relationship? No, that is pretty rare and definitely abusive.

Glad that you have found us and that you have found out that your situation with your brother wasn't normal. Hope that you get to enjoy a life free from that kind of incorrect thinking soon. Recovery is possible, with a little hard work and an honest effort, you just have to keep after it. Recovery is a lot easier with supportive people who understand.

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.