Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447735 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#327711 - 04/08/10 04:11 AM Re: Love Driving Stick [Re: Trucker51]
atari_kid86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
The engine took a dump on my sisters pinto on a busy Indianapolis freeway when she was in college. She didn't lose any sleep over it.

Up north I don't see too many old cars (I think they've all rusted to dust). But when I lived farther south I used to occasionally see a Pinto or Pacer roaming the streets.

#327735 - 04/08/10 04:21 PM Re: Love Driving Stick [Re: atari_kid86]
Charlie24 Offline

Definitely, the salt on the roads rusts cars so fast. Since moving to AZ I've noticed more older cars, pretty cool to see. If you take care of a care it will take care of you.

#471514 - 10/21/14 10:47 PM Re: Love Driving Stick [Re: Charlie24]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
This thread popped up as "being viewed." I like manual transmissions, so I had to click on it.

It's getting harder and harder to find cars with manual transmissions. In some cases, all the literature indicates a model comes in such and such trim with a manual, but good luck finding one. The dealers just don't stock them. I learned to drive a manual transmission and still have one today. My wife's Subaru is an automatic, and I just about put my foot through the floorboard looking for the clutch at stoplights when I drive it.

My first car was a 1976 BMW 2002. I saved up and bought it from a neighbor after my dad helped me out. I want to say it was about $3,500 in 1988. Yes, it was a BMW, but it wasn't a luxurious ride. The car had a 4-speed manual transmission. It was white with blue interior. Let's see…it also had a manual crank sunroof, crank windows, a non-working A/C and a small dent in one door. It wasn't a speed demon, but it handled like it was on rails so it was fun to drive. I sold it and bought a Toyota 4-Runner four or five years later. I loved the Toyota, but man, I miss that little BMW. I wish I still had it.

SInce then:
---Red 1991 Toyota Four Runner SR5 (manual trans). Bought it used with only 18K miles on it in 1993. It was a great find.
---Silver 2000 Nissan X-Terra 4x4 w/manual. Bought new and drove it until it had over 165K miles and was in need of major transmission work.
---Silver 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 w/manual. I still have it; the recent drop in gas prices is welcome!

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#471814 - 10/28/14 02:02 PM Re: Love Driving Stick [Re: Castle]
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
Originally Posted By: Castle
I love driving my standard. 04 VW GTI, with some performance upgrades

Me too! Down to year, make, and model even smile

It's funny, well before I uncovered my abuse, a couple people would poke fun at me for not being straight or gay but being an "autosexual". And I laughed. And while I've never been sexual toward my car, I've owned it 10+ years since new and ya know what? It's honestly one of the best relationships I've had in my life. And that's OK smile
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.