Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (irishguym, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63207 Topics
441970 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326693 - 03/30/10 05:09 PM The I'm Positive Because Game...
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Let's start this!!!

Three things I like about myself are:

1) I accept my family of creation, even though they hurt me and were not available for me as a child. I make mistakes, they did and are doing their best.

2) I think, reason, reflect, sympathize and care before I act on my feelings

3) I can appreciate God's beauty in singing birds, croaking frogs, crickets(that is a challenge at night, however), my hands, and in the hearts of others.

Thank you so much for keeping this going!

Sam

#326700 - 03/30/10 05:50 PM Re: The I'm Positive Because Game... [Re: SamV]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Sam,

I'm going to guess that the rules in this game are that the 3 things one likes about oneself can be ANY 3, and not just the TOP 3. If so, then I'll play.

Hmm...

Three things I like about myself are:

1) I love people, even though the only times I've been depressed were being with/talking to other people. My favorite quote in all of literature is, "In spite of everything, I still believe people are good at heart."

2) I love that I try to help others whenever I can, and probably more often than I should. But I can't help it. Helping others makes me feel good about myself, as well as helping them out.

3) I love that I am a good listener. At least, I think I am, and I have had others tell me the same. I've always liked listening to people. Even when I was a kid.

How did I do, Sam? Did I do okay? Did I play the game right?

This was a good idea, by the way. Good for you, buddy. smile

Bobcat

#326702 - 03/30/10 06:04 PM Re: The I'm Positive Because Game... [Re: SamV]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
So I saw this thread and thought - hey that's a good idea, it shouldnt be too hard......yikes! LOL ok so it took some time but here's a couple three from me:

1) I'm alive. It's unbelievable to me sometimes - really unbelievable but I'm alive and even more unbelievable - I'm happy to be alive, even with all horrible ugly stuff back then - I'm damn happy to be alive.

2) I care. I care about the people around me, about the young lives I have a chance to help, about the planet and about doing the right thing. It'd be easy to give up or go back to being my dead, feeling-less self but I care now about others and about myself - I can cry and that's a great thing too.

3) I don't quit. I make mistakes, I fall back into depression and self-abuse and all sorts of negative crap but I get back up, I apologize, I forgive or seek forgiveness, I keep setting my course back to the right path. I am an eternal survivor.

Thanks Sam - nice thread.

Edited by Survivinguy (03/30/10 06:07 PM)
Edit Reason: I hate grammar

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#327513 - 04/06/10 09:01 AM Re: The I'm Positive Because Game... [Re: Survivinguy]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about who YOU are, not what THE abuse cuts us up as.

Bob, you are a great guy, I cannot say that enough. I feel I know you better as a person who desires to better himself and the people around him, thank you.

Survivinguy, it is difficult to come up with positive things, and you are beautiful in your effort, you hit three home runs!

Reading your entries has motivated me to search out whether I have your fine qualities in me, and if not, I aspire to find, polish and make them shine!

Thank you for your replies.

(((safe hugs))) Yours in recovery and support,

Sam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.