Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447929 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#32748 - 10/17/06 04:21 AM Hope Springs: Recovery Weekend Level 1
Born to Resist Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California, USA
I just got back into town after attending a Level 1 Weekend Reocovery. I can't recomend attending one these weekends enough. I feel really good! So much progress was made. So much more progress will come from attending this weekend. At times it hurt, but a safe hurt, a hurt that feels good. I am very grateful for all the fellow attendees ... a Band of Brothers ... I am grateful for the facilitators. If for but a brief time I feel that I am not alone in the "Darkness" I may not be able to see you, but I feel you fighting the same fight. If but for a brief time in what has been a life time of fighting alone ... I am not alone in the "Darkness" Thank you so very much ... and BREATH \:\)

Courage-Spirituality-Wisdom

#32749 - 10/17/06 04:51 AM Re: Hope Springs: Recovery Weekend Level 1
Cerritus Offline

Loc: Ohio
LOL BREATH!

I too was at this weekend and it was an awesome and powerful experience. I was able to walk into a room and connect with other men who have been there and knows what it is like. I did not feel alone at all I am grateful for the "Band of Brothers" that I had the privilege to spend this weekend with and for everything the facilitators put into the weekend for us. I want to say Thank You to all the guys and facilitators.

The intensity of the weekend is amazing and sitting on my bed Sunday morning thinking back to Friday afternoon it felt like months had past in that time frame. I know I will be processing this weekend for months to come.

On a personal note to the guys and facilitators I did stop at the closest town and get some beef jerky because I needed meat dammit! I was mindfully aware I had not had beef in 3 days lol! BREATH.

Josh

#32750 - 10/17/06 01:30 PM Re: Hope Springs: Recovery Weekend Level 1
Halibut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Alaska
!0,000 kudos to the facilitators, but also to Josh, BTR, and all of the other guys on it who made it a safe, encouraging, challenging, tool recieving, wonderful weekend. If you've not been I too highly reccommend going. Knowing you're not alone and gaining acceptance and tools from the staff and other participants is sooo helpful. I too will be working on its fruit for months. Speaking of fruit, I too needed a meat fix- fortunately someone left a whole lotta cows outside on the sides of the road for me as I was driving back. MMMMMMMM good.

Halibut

#32751 - 10/17/06 05:23 PM Re: Hope Springs: Recovery Weekend Level 1
johnsurvived Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arlington, Virginia
BTR, Josh, Halibut (HALIBUT?!?):

Yeah. Wow. What a weekend. It was definitely a big time of continuing healing for me, too. I want to thank all my small-group members for your willingness to share and to listen, to be present for me; also for allowing me to share and to listen and respond to your many amazing stories of trauma and recovery. Thanks (big heartfelt ones) to you all.

Thank you, Jim & Joanna, for your wisdom and compassion as you led us through those four rather intense sessions. Your feedback was invaluable to me.

Thank you, Dale & Mikele, for your parts in the big-group activities. Shame is something I now know how to bust!

And thank you, Howard, for putting it all together and making it work so amazingly well for everyone. That's no small skill you bring to this, and no small success you achieve every time you do one of these weekends. And thank you, too, for stepping out of your T-role during the shame-busting exercises on Saturday night -- it was fun getting to see you act like a kid just as the rest of the gang was.

And thank you, Suzanne, Teresa, Carolyn, Al: Hope Springs was just too beautiful to put into words, and your caring presence during our journeys was also a big part of the weekend.

John

PS: I really, really, really needed some bacon Saturday morning to go with those yummy scrambled eggs. Other than that, the meat thing was less of a biggie than I thought it would be. \:\)

Take for us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards; for our vines have tender grapes. Song of Solomon 2:15

But let justice roll down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream. Amos 5:24

#32752 - 10/17/06 05:42 PM Re: Hope Springs: Recovery Weekend Level 1
Cerritus Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hey guys,

First off Halibut has to be our resident fisherman of the weekend who said to catch a 20lb fish on a 5lb test line. Second of all you guys missed out on a really funny moment on friday morning as I arrived very eary approx 9:30 am I got to watch Howard and another Mindfuly Aware facilitator who was not Dale, Mikele or Joanna try to organize the rugs into a nice peacefull design. I suggest anyone show up as close to opening registration as you can to witness these kinds of interactions.

But on a personal note I am very grateful to everyone that was there you have all impacted my life in such an amazing way. I am glad to see everyone is getting home alright.

And yes as I am typing this I have a chicken sandwich next to me declaring I need more meat in my system lol.

One of a Band of Brothers,

Josh

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.