Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (cant_remember), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447646 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327475 - 04/05/10 07:28 PM A priest fixer who quit his job and turned
kidneythis Offline

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/sites/all/play_music/play_full.php?play=404&podcast=1
The first story is about a priest who became a fixer for the church by accident and finally had to quit his vocation out of personal guilt and morals. He ended up finding the only job he could helping lawyers with sexual abuse cases. He provided the nomenclature for the records the lawyers needed to ask for. You see the church has it all but they won't admit it or give up info unless you somehow know exactly what to ask for. He became the somehow for many cases.
Its chilling to me that the whole thing about not getting what you ask for unless you ask for it exactly by a name they won't give you, is pretty much what I'm dealing with in getting help and records from NJ. Its creepy to me that the laity who work for the state are using the same sort of system and methods that the Church uses to hide its problems.
To let you all know I've got next to nothing from the state of NJ. None of it helps me in getting answers about my early life in custody.

Edited by kidneythis (04/05/10 07:31 PM)

#328082 - 04/12/10 09:00 AM Re: A priest fixer who quit his job and turned [Re: kidneythis]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
(((kt)))

Thank you for sharing you journey, fellow traveler.

Keep up the search, you will succeed.

Respect the progress you have made, it will give you the strength you need to continue to success.

Sam

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.