Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (Tiger1982), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447713 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327450 - 04/05/10 12:45 PM Graham James Pardoned in Canada
Deved Offline

Loc: British Columbia
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=316693

The infamous hockey coach who molested both Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury has been pardoned. It was revealed only yesterday, but the pardon was granted 3 years ago.

This is appalling. The Prime Minister has asked the pardon board for an explanation.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." ~Albert Einstein

#327463 - 04/05/10 05:19 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Deved]
Regs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Simply Shocking!

#327465 - 04/05/10 05:33 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Regs]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I read Fleury's book "Playing with Fire" (great book by the way).

Ditto Regs - it's completely shocking that he could be pardoned.

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#327480 - 04/05/10 08:22 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Deved]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
someone please give us an email address contact to complain about this to ....

how insulting

#327481 - 04/05/10 08:25 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Survivinguy]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
This has me pissed that he can get away with it. I plan on calling my local Canadian embassy tomorrow. I hope they are ready to hear my opinion. I've been googling Graham James and supposedly he is in Spain somewhere according to one article that I read. I spread the word thru my support group from the conference. That is 40+ people that have the information to go to their local Canadian embassy to voice their opinions now. I also joined the Revoke Graham James' Pardon page on FaceBook. The more people that know about this low life, the better the chance something will get done.

#327484 - 04/05/10 08:51 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: nevragan]
pluckmemory Offline

Yes, I posted on the other Fleury post early this morning on this.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=305778&page=all

#327487 - 04/05/10 09:19 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Deved]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
just got this from another source:

"Just to clarify, it was the National Parole Board, and not the government, that issued the pardon. The government is quite upset about it and has made that known and is investigating the circumstances in which this happened and is considering drafting legislation to prevent this in the future (i.e to have a much more thorough vetting of the pardon process). E.g. see

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/poli...article1523541/

So in your letters to the public safety minister or to the prime minister, be sure to encourage their work rather than just rant at them! Here's the contact page for the Public Safety Minister:

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/abt/contact-eng.aspx "

#327488 - 04/05/10 09:44 PM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Sans Logos]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Ron! smile Good points indeed!

Jim

#327505 - 04/06/10 02:38 AM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Geeders]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have joined the Facebook group that is protesting this terrible miscarriage of justice. Here is my corrected post from the group's Facebook wall page:

"At least part of the reason for criminal sanction is deterrence of similar behaviors in others. Where is the justice for his many victims? This ruling tells his victims that their suffering doesn't matter. Certainly there are those more deserving of pardon than a confessed serial child molester who has ruined multiple young lives through an ongoing and egregious abuse of the public trust. How will this pardon deter others???"

Hopefully there won't be another group of young victims that could have been prevented. There is a Canadian Consulate office in Denver (and in many major US cities), and I will certainly write in protest of this uncaring action on the part of the Canadian Parole Board. Anyone who hasn't yet joined the Graham James Facebook group I would encourage you to do so, to show solidarity to the many victims of this monster, and in the hope that paroles of serial child molesters in Canada might be considered much more carefully in the future.

Mark

#327512 - 04/06/10 08:59 AM Re: Graham James Pardoned in Canada [Re: Trucker51]
pluckmemory Offline

Doesn't Canada realize that pedophiles can't be cured? What is the Parole Board thinking, by issuing so many pardons, not just to James but hundreds of others of convicted pedophiles?

Does anyone know if the US has a similarly soft policy re: pardons for pedophiles?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.