Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327361 - 04/04/10 02:30 PM Happy Easter
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm a little at loss of what to do with myself today. I'm am pretty alienated from people at the moment, in a place where I really don't know anyone. I don't have a family of my own (meaning wife and kids) and my family of origin is elsewhere. I thought about going to church but it didn't happen. Hopefully I'll make some phone calls later. That all said, Happy Easter and I hope it is a good day for you all. Like many days, I'll spend it thinking. But hopefully it is thoughts that will lead to something better.

Eric

#327364 - 04/04/10 03:00 PM Re: Happy Easter [Re: ericc]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Alan and I are going to see Clash of the Titans at 2:05 PM. Wish that you were here as you could have joined us. When are you supposed to be back?

Maybe try Meetup.com, see if they have any social groups locally there that might interest you?

Mark

#327367 - 04/04/10 03:21 PM Re: Happy Easter [Re: ericc]
Charlie24 Offline

Eric,

Happy Easter to you as well.

For me, since moving out and pretty much living on my own, nearest family member I don't see or speak with, closest immediate family is in Texas, holidays have just become another day to me.

The cashier who waited on me last night wanted to know why I didn't have any plans for Easter, just kinda shrugged my shoulders.

Do I miss that closeness of gathering around and just being with others on holidays, of course. I look forward to the day when I have my own family and can do all these fun traditions on holidays and make memories.

I've found comfort in myself during these holidays when I'm alone. Used to be afraid and scared, and just lonely, now I'm here with myself.

Anyways, pardon my little tangent of getting off topic, hope you have a good one bud.

You take care Eric.

Charlie.

#327413 - 04/04/10 11:59 PM Re: Happy Easter [Re: Charlie24]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, I guess at least I wasn't alone being alone wink All in all it was an okay day I guess. I got out and was among people. I get bummed out at times thinking about where things are at with my life (alone, with things having sort of fallen apart over the years.) But that is just me feeling the pain. I'm not giving up. I'm forging ahead, knowing that many doors have been closed in my life. But others will open. They may not have been the ones I might have wished for under different circumstances, but they might be okay all things considered.

Mark, I'm supposed to be done the end of May. I think they need me longer, but I can't stay out here and be paying double rent. I'm not exactly raking it in out here given all my expenses but I am maintaining, and the big thing for me was to get a break from my routine and be in a new environment. It has been real good for me.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.