Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (L84, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447773 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327323 - 04/04/10 09:29 AM Easter Bunny
Caleb Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
Well, here is just another screw up of mine that ended up turning out alright. As a single dad, it seems that I am making a ton of mistakes. But thankfully, there are people in our life's that are still looking out for the kids.

My 2 youngest kids slept with me last night. We all were woken up at about 7am by the doorbell. As soon as my son woke up he jumped on me and screamed, "Do you think that's the Easter bunny?!?" Immediately my heart sunk as I realized that I had completely forgotten to make the kids Easter baskets and get them new Easter clothes for church.

As I threw on clothes and chased the kids to the front door, I began trying to buy myself some time, "Bud, I don't think the Easter bunny comes until after church today."

My 4 year old son opened the door while I was still trying to put some shorts on. On the front porch there were 4 Easter baskets, filled with toys and candy, each one had my kids names on it, and with each Easter basket was a fresh pair of clothes from Gap Kids, with the tags still on it.

Needless to say, I am still in tears as I write this. The kids are in their rooms getting on their new clothes and my oldest daughter is fixing all their hair. This journey has been incredibly difficult, but days like today I am so humbled and thankful beyond words that people will reach out to a screw up, single dad and his 4 kids.

#327328 - 04/04/10 09:48 AM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Caleb]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Caleb,

If you ever doubted that there are people who care for you and your family those doubts must just have evaporated in a whiff of generosity.

I'd really like you to recognize that the people who did this did it for you as much as for your children. They know how much you have on your plate and what a challenge it can be every day. They know how hard it is to just get the everyday stuff done let alone do all the seasonal things that bring kids good memories.

Accept it as the gift it is for you as well as your children. It's acts like this that restore our faith in the human spirit.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#327329 - 04/04/10 09:49 AM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Caleb]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Your a good man and father Caleb, despite what life has thrown your way.

Single Dad......Tons of mistake. Happens To ALL dads.

Have a happy holiday.

Edited to add Mark said it better, and was typing the same time I was smile

Edited by Castle (04/04/10 09:54 AM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#327348 - 04/04/10 12:09 PM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Castle]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Caleb,

Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

That's awesome, and you deserve it, because you are awesome. I know you don't always think so, but you are, buddy. You are.

You are a great man and an even better father, and someone out there besides us recognizes it.

I'm so happy for you, buddy. Enjoy your holiday with your kids. smile

Bobcat

#327349 - 04/04/10 12:15 PM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Caleb]
Charlie24 Offline

This made shed some tears of joy. How wonderful there is still compassion and caring and kindness in the world.

How wonderful the Easter bunny showed up and made your kids day.

This is so fucking awesome. I too am grateful you were shared this story with us Caleb.

What a wonderful blessing for you.

This is just fucking awesome. YippppppppppiiiiiiiiiEEE!!!!!

Charlie.

#327360 - 04/04/10 02:19 PM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Charlie24]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is a great story. I'm glad to hear someone did this for you and your kids and reached out in this way to show they care.

#327400 - 04/04/10 10:29 PM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: ericc]
Pete2004 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Wow Man! What a Blessing!

We survivors need a lot of Grace and it is coming your way.

Peter

comes back into our own. (Edwin Markham)

#327594 - 04/06/10 11:39 PM Re: Easter Bunny [Re: Pete2004]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Caleb - what a wonderful treat for you and your children on Easter morning. You are greatly loved. You are highly thought of. Those people would rather go through the dark and cold for you than have you go without. Because someone thought you were worth the work. And you are.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.