Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (Mountainous Buck, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327087 - 04/02/10 10:00 AM An overemotional response
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
To all of my very wonderful brothers here at MaleSurvivor:

My deepest apologies to all of you.

I am editing this post. It appears that I have confused and saddened many of my brothers here, which was not my intent. I am so very sorry for that. In writing this post, I was trying to help one of my brothers stay here at MS by asking for assistance from all my brothers here in toning down some of the perhaps overly passionate responses to recent posts.

What I didn't realize was that, by emotionally demanding that my fellow brothers be less passionate in their responses to each other, I ended up doing the exact same thing. I guess I was committing emotional blackmail without knowing I was.

I see now that it was wrong of me to have written this post. My only excuse is that I was very sad and emotional at the time. Please forgive me for that. But I am trying to understand that I cannot protect my brothers here, and that it is wrong of me to try. I can love my brothers, but I guess I have to remember that I am not my brothers' keeper. I will work on that, I promise.

I have had a long conversation with my therapist, and have decided that it is in my best interests to remain on MS and attend the WoR. As for my friend here at MS, he and I will remain brothers even after he has left - if he does end up leaving - and he is very okay with that.

Again, my most profound apologies for causing worry, confusion, and/or sorrow. It should never have happened. I'll be more careful in the future, my brothers. smile

Your loving brother,

Bobcat

Edited by TheBobcatAgain (04/02/10 03:04 PM)
Edit Reason: changing the thread

#327090 - 04/02/10 10:21 AM Re: This may be my final post [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
My dear Bobcat,

I never want to be the source of your pain. Youíve been the closest of friend to me, nudging me to take flight when Iíd be floundering on the ground. I love you for this my furry friend. Cats arenít supposed to help a bird take flight. That shows just how special you are. You have accepted me into your pack where birds really donít belong. It has helped me feel special and I thank you for your love of me. You have brothers here that love you and you them, this is something you have known how to build. You havenít lost a friend in me. We will meet at Wor and develop something even stronger than we have now. Donít leave your brothers that you have bonded with. They love you and you them. I havenít made a decision Iím just challenging my own heart as to where I want to belong. Love you Bobcat.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#327091 - 04/02/10 10:28 AM Re: This may be my final post [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
he's going to take the best part of me with him.

bob, you've given one person a great deal of power.... far too much in my opinion for your own good, which is what is at stake in doing so.

no one can control the direction people's triggers take them, except that individual himself. you didn't come here 'attached' to any one individual, and it would pretty sad for you to leave under such pretenses. i say rewind back to the time before your need to rescue kicked in, and if that is all the way back to the beginning, back to a month ago when you first came here, then so be it.

sorry for the strong response, but really, this recovery is something that requires reaching down, finding and utilizing the same fortitude and strength that kept us going this far. bob, no one is going to stop being a certain way because of your emotional response. emotional blackmail it is simply not a tactic that will work here. please talk about your feelings, and work on your feelings. and remember, recovery though it cannot be done by one's self, is something you must do alone.

stay strong; continue to fight the good fight, don't let the abuse kick your ass. show the watching world that recovery is possible.

((((( bob )))))

warmest regards,

ron

#327092 - 04/02/10 10:38 AM Re: This may be my final post [Re: earlybird]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Earlybird,

If it is you that Bobcat is talking about, can you help us understand how you feel and what is creating this feeling of not being accepted?

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#327102 - 04/02/10 11:27 AM Re: This may be my final post [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
People come to this list because they are looking for help. and Most of us have stayed Because We have found something amoung this brother hood that , Helps us understand that we are not Unique . and we need each other .
I hope that You will stay because. of the "Brothers" that you have found here

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#327118 - 04/02/10 02:26 PM Re: This may be my final post [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Gus Bierer Offline

Dear Bobcat

I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave. Before you do consider what sans logos has said. I'm sorry that some negative stuff has been going on, I havn't experienced such responses. To tell you the truth i have been given excellent responses to my posts and people have praised me for the responses i have given others.

I hope you stick around and your friend too.

Gus

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.