Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447924 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#327030 - 04/01/10 11:27 PM Westboro Baptist "Church"
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
What can be done about a cult like this? These people are destroying lives for the sake of Jesus. They are not Christians but the world sees them as such, I have a hard time not seeing them as a part of the dark side of Christianity because are not the first to commit crimes in the name of Jesus. Fred Phelps, the pope, Beni Hinn, the priest who sealed my doom and the like. They are the ones that make God seem so small to people like me and the best I can do is almost make excuses for God. No wonder my relationship with Him only seems like I'm being abused and trying to lie to myself to believe different. The very reasons why I don't carry any confidence to call myself Christian, I don't want to be associated with these kinds of people. If or when I ever get to talk to God I would hope that he would understand why I've hated the world He created and that He made it very hard to believe He ever cared.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#327039 - 04/01/10 11:54 PM Re: Westboro Baptist "Church" [Re: usmc97]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I don't think anyone can possibly see these folks as Christians, or at least i sure hope not

Not much can be done apparently, what a world we live in

Available on Netflix is a movie with interviews with some of Fred Phelps adult children who got away. It is heartbreaking the abuse he inflicted upon them.

#328298 - 04/13/10 11:49 PM Re: Westboro Baptist "Church" [Re: Mike1968]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
These people may believe they are Christians, but they most assuredly are not living out anything I can see as Christian. Sad,really. And to do this at the most vulnerable time in someone's life! One day they will die - and every human has an eternal soul- and that soul will one day stand before the One who made them and have to answer for the evil they have knowingly done. We all will. Good,bad or indifferent, we will all have to answer for what we have done with the life we were given.

#407179 - 08/18/12 04:51 PM Re: Westboro Baptist "Church" [Re: usmc97]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
The only people who see the Westboro group and people like them as Christians, are people who want to view all Christians that way. It provides them with a way of painting every Christian with a broad brush and to justify their anti-Chirstian bigotry. There is nothing progressive about thinking we must accept every belief under the sun, except that group because "we" have decided "they" need to change.

That said, the way to fight them is to take them on directly where ever they show up. One Christian biker group is doing just that. When the westboro thugs start their chant, the bikers rev up and drown them out.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.