Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326820 - 03/31/10 08:57 AM Airplanes
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
While looking into the heavens taking in the magnificence of it all, from the corner of my eye I witnessed an airplane racing across the darkened sky. Its blinking lights warning all to be wary, leaving in its wake a cloudy stream of crystallized water vapor. I studied that streak of mist. I tried looking around it at the stars and empty spaces that I so love to dream of becoming one day. But for the moment all I could see was that scar left behind by an object that didn’t belong there naturally. Long after it had flown away, its damage to the beauty was left behind. I know that given time this cloudy distraction will fade and give way to the beautiful things that are still there waiting to be enjoyed. But for the moment this haze has my full attention.

Edited by earlybird (03/31/10 09:16 AM)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326991 - 04/01/10 06:08 PM Re: Airplanes [Re: earlybird]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Interesting and poetic, i like it. I used this idea of a "haze" in a mini story once as a metaphor for abuse issues. Giving it your full attention is sometimes what is required, but remember recovery can't take place in a vacuum, and that doesn't just mean you need other people but also it means you have to keep living your life to break some of the power and hold that it has over you. So i'd say keep looking at the stars, keep reaching for that, sometimes that's the best way to get through the haze- with a guiding light and a greater aim.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#326996 - 04/01/10 07:03 PM Re: Airplanes [Re: king tut]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
king tut,

Very kind words at a time it was needed, thank you. I especially liked your words:
“keep reaching for that, sometimes that's the best way to get through the haze- with a guiding light and a greater aim.”

As I was watching this haze created by this intruder in the sky, it was ever growing larger filling the dimly lit heavens above. Though the vapor was obscuring the beauty from my view, I knew given time and with patience and a study focus it would dissipate leaving no trace behind. That is the hope I carry when I feel the way I felt that night. Your kindness is one of those things that help dissolve this unnatural mist clearing the way for what was meant to be seen. Again thank you-Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.