Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (freeze-on, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446700 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326273 - 03/26/10 01:14 PM Why You Need a Therapist / Support Group ...
Shaun The Sheep Offline

Loc: West Coast

Edited by Shaun The Sheep (04/01/11 11:36 AM)

#326313 - 03/26/10 11:14 PM Re: Why You Need a Therapist / Support Group ... [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Well, it has been said that an alcoholic must decide every day not to drink. My wife expresses the hope that once I am done dealing with my CSA, I will no longer be attracted to males. I told her that although God CAN do anything, there are many things He, for whatever reason, does NOT do. One of these is suddenly changing this part of me. I know you may not want to hear this, I know I don't, but some things we do have to learn to live with. Some people have to learn to live without walking, talking, seeing or even being able to move freely. I am not saying "just be a man and get over it" because I know it is definitely not that easy. But I am encouraged that you are seeking answers and asking questions. This is a good sign that you will be able to effectively deal with your issues. It is written, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened for you.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#326324 - 03/27/10 12:59 AM Re: Why You Need a Therapist / Support Group ... [Re: catfish86]
Shaun The Sheep Offline

Thanks for that - and I understand that living with this is, on the whole, easier than living without legs or sight. So it's important to maintain perspective.

I would seek to find a life without this baggage if there is one to find - if I haven't found it, I'm no worse off. That's the way I look at it.

#326962 - 04/01/10 02:05 PM Re: Why You Need a Therapist / Support Group ... [Re: Shaun The Sheep]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
Shaun the Sheep said

"I wish that there was a path to that kind of emotional health and wanted to know if anyone has found something like that. I don't mean 'learn to live with it', I mean 'I found the answer and am living happily without it'."

This is exactly what I keep tell the women I was dating. I don't think there is a way to make someone thats outside looking in, to know how it feels. No way for them to really understand....

Edited by wayne9 (04/01/10 02:05 PM)

#326967 - 04/01/10 02:46 PM Re: Why You Need a Therapist / Support Group ... [Re: wayne9]
Shaun The Sheep Offline

I'm grateful to my wife for that reason - she doesn't completely understand but has been very supportive.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.