Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326642 - 03/30/10 08:05 AM London and Munich
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
Hello Everyone

I am planning a vacation for early June to London and Munich. I would like some input as to what others have visited and seen in these cities. I will most likely spend one day in each city doing the bus tour thing to catch all the main sights.

I am particularly interested in historical architecture and the like. I know that there are many things to see and do while there however, I will only have 5 days in each city.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Steve

#326787 - 03/31/10 01:00 AM Re: London and Munich [Re: mapleleafsn]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
In London i went down the Thames on a boat, i thought that gave me a good sight of everything since lots of the sights seem to be along the rivers edge.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#326795 - 03/31/10 01:38 AM Re: London and Munich [Re: king tut]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers,

Well, for Munich, tthere is the Hofbrauhaus, a big German beer hall. World famous. As for some dark history that is the place where a Austrian Corporal, years later lead his country & Europe in ruin...Name? Adolph Hitler.

But, a little further down the autobahn, is Bertschgarten (sp).

That was a big area for the Nazi big shots. Goering had a house there. A lot of shots of Hitler in Bertesgarten, was at a place called the Platterhof(sp). After the war, it became a American military hotel, Called the General Walker. (since given back to the German govt.) A short & steep bus ride from there is where Hitler's Eagles Nest was built on a mountain top as a gift from the "German People" When you ride up & down that steep & winding road. You will be told that it was built with slave labor from the various Eastern European captives, and European captives. How many lives were lost just for that?

But also in that area one can go and visit the many Mad "King Ludwig" of Bavaria had built.

There are many other places in the area, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and Oberamagau..Where the passion play is performed.

I was stationed in Germany for 11 1/2 years off and on, while in the US Air Force. '58-'74. And i married a German girl and lived in the Frankfurt/Main area for aabout 30 yrs or so.

Germany is a nice place to visit...But i wouldn't want to live there.

Heal well, my fraternal brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete, onward to Sequoia together.

Edited by petercorbett (03/31/10 06:11 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.