Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, finallyhere), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443247 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326589 - 03/29/10 06:00 PM Question at the dinner table
Caleb Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
Not long ago, the kids and I were sitting around the dinner table eating a meal, that I had actually not burned this time! My 4 year old son was going on and on about the "Superhero Squad" and how he's definitely going to join when he is big enough and can fly!

Then, out of no where my 12 year old daughter interrupts him and proceeds to ask me the following question in the most casual way... "Dad, are you gay?"

Before almost choking on the cous cous, I tried to casually laugh. I didn't answer her directly but asked her the following questions... "Who was I married to for 9 and a half years? And how many brothers and sisters do you have?" I then threw a roll at her and she laughed and said, "Oh yeah."

When the little kids were all playing a rousing game of ring-around-the-Rosie, I called her over and asked her what made her ask me that question at dinner earlier. She started telling me about a friend at school who has 2 dads, she was over there house this past weekend. She told me that she was just curious.

And then out of no where, she hugged me (which hasn't happened in months because she is a preteen!) and said, "Dad, if you are, that's cool, it won't make a difference to me."

#326617 - 03/29/10 11:07 PM Re: Question at the dinner table [Re: Caleb]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This generation is much more accepting of alternative lifestyles.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#326665 - 03/30/10 12:31 PM Re: Question at the dinner table [Re: catfish86]
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Wow... the wisdom of a child.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#326764 - 03/30/10 11:22 PM Re: Question at the dinner table [Re: MrDon]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
wow, that is certainly enlightened, that's great!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.