Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326298 - 03/26/10 07:07 PM The first and great commandment LOVE
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
In all eternity (and that is a long time) we are all only a child once. And that is here on this earth for just a short time.

A child needs to be nurtured in LIGHT and LOVE in the safe circle of a good family, not by the Stormy DARKNESS of the world void of LOVE..

LOVE is a calm, in control, all is well feeling—“Your welfare is more important to me than my own.” It is free of fear and anger.

Remember the need for LOVE is as strong as the need for air or food. It is a basic need for every child born on this earth. Why do you think it is the first and great commandment? If the Love needs are not met the child or adult will strive in a negative way to meet those needs. Many will damage their souls. Many will cycle into addictions. Some will survive and some will not. I have been blessed…

I survived…

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)
Like the Word, Words have also saved me. They empower me because they allow me to feel. They tether me to my own truth. They have allowed me to let go of the past by seeing the truth in it. This truth has set me free.

Words have taken me back to my memories. They have also blessed my life today as I learn to connected with my wife and loved ones with words that I never used as a child like: “forgive me” or “I love you.” They have shown me the truths I couldn’t see before, and feel what I couldn’t feel before. I can’t rewrite my history but I can learn the truth about it. In learning find respect and in respect find strength and find my true self…A son of the living God with a divine destiny as an heir of eternal life.

I have a vision, I will fight for my vision…

I am powerful!...............................................................Because of The Word…And the WORD was GOD.

Much Love and respect, Ted

#326302 - 03/26/10 10:03 PM Re: The first and great commandment LOVE [Re: Tedure]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Matthew 22:36-40 (New International Version)

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Footnotes:
a.Matthew 22:37 Deut. 6:5
b.Matthew 22:39 Lev. 19:18

You are very right Ted. In studying God's Word, I found out a lot about love and how to practice it. When I read, I found out about enjoying life and overcoming adversity. I was fortunate in that I had a mother that loved me. Unfortunately, she was not always adept at protecting me from evil and abuse. But in learning to love others, I have been able to heal and to connect with others which is something as a teenager I could not do.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.