Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 9 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326180 - 03/25/10 02:05 PM Moving forward w/out the past?
Lars Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm a married man with children, slowly making progress from the horrible past. My wife continues to struggle with my past and my path to recoverey. How have other married guys continued your healing and at the same time, continue to build on your relationship with your wife?

#326185 - 03/25/10 04:19 PM Re: Moving forward w/out the past? [Re: Lars]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Iím sorry to read that your wife struggles with your abuse history and recovery. I canít imagine how painful it must be for a spouse to listen to and then try to make sense of their love oneís injury. Itís an ugly despicable thing to have to drag them through. But I know for myself and my wife itís been a journey we have chosen to travel together. Iíve anguished over some of the dark places Iíve forced her to walk. Iím sure she would have wanted to turn and run. Sometimes Iíd have to wait and let her regain her courage to continue. Other times she would be pushing me to move forward through the murk.

Of course we found going through this with a coupleís counselor to be extremely valuable and helpful. You may have already done this but if not and if it is available to you and your wife is agreeable I would strongly suggest this route.

Itís a tricky thing to compare each otherís paths. Especially involving our wives. Know that my heart goes out to the two of you but lars your recovery over this issue is paramount. No matter how painful for you or anyone else it has to be given importance for Iím sure you know it wonít just go away. Earlybird

Edited by earlybird (03/25/10 04:20 PM)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.