Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (Suwanee, ethereo222, 86, sentry, Obi, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#326056 - 03/24/10 12:30 PM Prey verses Predator
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Iím watching one of the most amazing dramas unfold. It is one of prey verses predator, fear succumbing to confidence, ultimately a life extended through death of another. Iíve seen this scene played out numerous times from my deck. I should look away but am mesmerized by its raw beauty.

Only moments ago there were ducks spread out over the mirrored lake below. Then, as if there were a silent alarm these once tranquil birds are now clustering into a tight knot. I begin to look up and down the river Iíve witness this tragic scene before. Suddenly there in the distance flying low in the evening mist a Bald Eagle is appearing. Gracefully his white crown leading the way he aims towards the tightly bound mass of black feathers. Then in an elegant turn to his left he swoops down towards them. As he draws close just before he reaches them these ducks raise themselves high barely in the water and feverously flap their wings. I can hear the noise created by this act of courage. The predatory bird then passes only inches over their heads and turns to the heavens above. This action is repeated over and over. What I canít see is that the eagle is starting to separate one of the birds from the power of the group. Once this happens the dance begins. All attention now is on this singular duck. The others seem to know they are safe and begin their own feeding on the fish beneath the waterís surface. The one duck is in trouble. He has the full concentration of his attacker. Now the eagle flies high into the sky then turns and drops fast targeting this little lonely bird. As the eagle nears, the duck dives under the water hiding there as long as he can then reservices only to find the eagle turning and plummeting down on him. This goes on for ten or so minutes. As each pass misses its mark it becomes clear that the eagle has begun to figure out the rhythm of the ducks return from the depths below. Each time this event is replayed the eagle is just a little closer till finally he clutches his prey. One dies one lives.

What dangerous mind would create it this way?

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326086 - 03/24/10 06:46 PM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: earlybird]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This same mind put man at the top of the food chain through the feature of the mind/brain. This mind created the stars and the heavens as well as the wonders of more worlds than you can count. What is interesting is that the mighty eagle was on its last legs a few years ago.

The wonders of life.

Edited by catfish86 (03/24/10 06:46 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#326089 - 03/24/10 07:18 PM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: catfish86]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you, Catfish for your thoughtful reply. I'll ponder your words.
Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326123 - 03/24/10 11:26 PM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: earlybird]
Regs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
While I should be thinking about the depth of your thought, I am thinking I wish I had your deck!

Regs

Edited by Regs (03/26/10 08:08 PM)

#326128 - 03/25/10 12:05 AM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: Regs]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG that made me laugh. :-)

I do have one of the most magnificent views one could ever wish for. Settles the soul. Thanks for your post, Earl

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326133 - 03/25/10 01:03 AM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: Regs]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
earlybird,

Why do we always ponder..which came first...the chicken ~or~ the egg...I mean...shouldn't we be talking about the peteradactil...???

And if space is space...(that is space takes up space)...what is the space beyond the space...???...(I find this one...really bind moggling).

Where do atoms ~or~ blackholes exist...???...(I fished that lake...never caught one)...alright, I am being silly here...(and still I haven't witnessed the existence of either...with my own two eyes).

All creatures great and small...including fish that fly out of water and birds that fly in it...

What is the weight of the soul and what does that "life force" look like...???

Amazed I am...I look everytime at the stars...(and just think **W*o*W**...this thing is really big)...In the end...it is really all beyond my comprehension. How is anybody supposed to balance ~or~ control...what we can't even simply understand...???

I am starting to get confused here...am I suppossed to question the answer ~or~ answer the question...???...(vs. preydator).

me thinks...I am left only with acceptance...(as I am in no way...shape ~or~ form...qualified to judge any of this).

"If you can't change the wind, you must adjust your sails" ~ author unknown ~

Respect the Wind (Van Halen)

island

#326149 - 03/25/10 07:27 AM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: 1islandboy]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello my new friend 1islandboy,

Yours is one of the wisest posts Iíve received. Iíll really have to ponder on it. :+)

Pondering is what I do. Not smart enough to come up with a conclusion. Just ponder and pose thoughts hoping others will offer answers. It seems to me some suppositions given are with an absoluteness born only from faith, no fact. Some determinations concluded from fact with no faith, both of which most likely miss the real truth. Islandboy, your thoughts on this appears to me to be derived from wisdom. I appreciated your posting to my thoughts, Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326201 - 03/25/10 06:55 PM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: earlybird]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dear Catfish,

Iíve been pondering your words for a couple of days now. Thanks for helping me to arrive at this conclusion. For a mind to be as powerful and capable as you have argued and for him to ďchooseĒ to create life and its existence in such a manner that his creations need to feed upon each other to exist, one could argue, is not only a dangerous mind but a cruel one as well. Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326307 - 03/26/10 10:35 PM Re: Prey verses Predator [Re: earlybird]
Regs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Deep stuff... I like it. ...and I still wish I had that deck on which to ponder these deep thoughts. ;-)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.