Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (WalkingBuffalo, JACKL, ninjasm, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#325990 - 03/23/10 12:22 PM Master Gardner Part ii
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Coming to the realization that I had surrendered my planting area was a shock. The takeover had happened inch by inch with each planting of his saplings. Every sprinkle of water done by the gardener was a deceptive takeover of what was mine. When I look back at how I allowed this to come about it became clear to me that taking over my land was his plan all along. He told me he loved what I had dug into the earth and he would protect my plants but this was only a rouge to disarm me.

I listen to his words when he compared me to himself. Showing how I without him would be lost and my gardening skills alone were worthless even destructive. He is a magnificent individual making it difficult to disagree. Just look at me. I’m less than he, am I not? He warned that he was a jealous Master Gardner and would abandon me to my own incompetence if I were to listen to other’s false advice. He said he was a loving teacher and if I were to learn from others it would be a sign of my arrogance and contemptible nature. If I strayed he had the power and right to burn me and my garden for all eternity. Interesting act of destruction for a creator of life, I thought.

Though he stated he would protect my plantings, in actuality, his demands were clearly written. I was to tear out my worthless seedlings, destroying them. Looking back I believe it was his eternal plan to have me till under all of my plants creating a barren landscape. Now, being like an empty vessel he could fill the void. And I let him.

Coming to the understanding that I was being displaced by this takeover of my garden I was faced with some questions.

Whose land was this?
Was it my land?
Did I have a right to take it back?
What would happen to me if I did?
Who would abandon me?

I knew I couldn’t grow the seemingly magnificent plants he had grown. Assessing this made me ask two more questions.

Would I rather have his mythical plants take over what use to be mine and have nothing of my own?
Or would I rather have something some might conceder less but of my creation expressing my own humanity?

I decided to take back what I had allowed to be stolen from me. The process of ripping out from the roots his plants was difficult and a painful task. It took years of diligent, meticulous labor but in time I was able to reclaim my entire plot and begin to nurture my own creations. Some will say my flowers are smaller with less fragrance. And if you look closely it is easy to see these plants have sun spots and worm eaten edges. But the only thing in this world I own is my garden and I take pleasure in the “less than perfect” beauty of my own handiwork.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#326166 - 03/25/10 12:01 PM Re: Master Gardner Part ii [Re: earlybird]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Earlybird,

WOW! This is GREAT! I, too, would rather have "less than perfect" beauty of my own creation, rather than the "perfect" plantings of the Master Gardener (though it sounds to me like the only things he knew how to grow were deceptively beautiful WEEDS!).

Your small, less aromatic, sun-spotted, worm-eaten flowers ARE perfect, because you grew them with love and care. You fought for your garden, and you got it back. Hurray for justice! smile

Great story, my friend. smile

Bobcat

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.