Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (crabbott, tbkkfile, bluesky, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#326064 - 03/24/10 01:51 PM Re: Filling a Void [Re: dark empathy]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Charlie, and everyone else who has replied to Charlie,

There is a saying that old age is a time when one's youthful playfulness and dreams can be reborn. It sure seems to me like a lot of guys here are saying, "Why wait until old age? Let's reclaim those lost dreams and playful personalities NOW!"

I don't think there's anything wrong with reclaiming your youthfulness, at any age. I understand that we have to grow up and be responsible and put away "childish things"; but here's the secret - only be serious and grownup when you HAVE to be. On your own time, be a playful kid again. Guess what: it's not a crime. After all, would you rather have a friend who is serious and grownup all the time, or a friend who can be fun-loving and playful with you when the situation calls for it?

So break out those treasured mementos of childhood the next time you've got some spare time. Play with them and remember what it was like to be a fun-loving kid. Think of it as exercise - the more you work on your fun-loving personality, the more fun-loving you become, both with yourself and with others.

Thank you, Charlie, for starting this topic, and thanks to everyone else for responding to it. You guys are great! smile

Bobcat

#326078 - 03/24/10 03:26 PM Re: Filling a Void [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Regs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Charlie, for me it was Hot Wheels. That was my lonely world where I set the rules and where I was in control. I was never abused in the Hot Wheel world. Oh if it were only that easy now to escape the memories and pain.

I agree with Michael that the emptiness you felt may be about the loneliness. While it was a good distraction, it just does not work the same way as an adult.

Regs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.