Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (6 invisible), 65 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62553 Topics
438320 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#326396 - 03/27/10 06:46 PM Re: Conference postings [Re: needtobefreed]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Hey Mike:

I corrected my first post to include you rather than Mike58. Had a good time, thanks for playing my dad in the role-play exercise, hope that you felt that the experience was good for you too. Officially, 43 survivors attended Mike Lew's workshop, plus Mike's friend and fellow therapist Jeff Conway was there helping to co-facilitate too.

Glad to have met you Mike, hope to see you again in 2012, if not sooner!!!

Mark

#326407 - 03/27/10 10:46 PM Re: Conference postings [Re: Ken Followell]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Ken Followell
Please continue to be in touch with those you met at the conference and to recognize how truly outstanding each of you are.

Love to all of you.

Ken: You'll like this...

Yesterday evening, I sent an email to an agency in Oz that was responsible for those post cards on the table to your left as you first enter the 4th floor. I'm sure you saw the cards...two guys sitting on a beach, the card saying "What if one of your mates told you he was sexually abused? Would you know how to help him? There were 3 other cards as well in the series. One was of a man disclosing to a woman, another said 1 in 6, and the other I can't quite recall. I've had a couple of their posters up in my office as well. I wrote to say thank you for making them available at the conference, and to ask when the new ones would be available online. In a matter of minutes, I had a thank you note from Oz, from Dr.Gary Foster thanking me for my feedback.

I got to thinking, opened up my wallet, and pulled out a business card from Gary Foster! Gary and I met on 29th St. Sunday evening while Robert Bérubé and I were having a smoke outside the Ace Hotel. Small world, great connections!

All because of the MS conference!

Thanks for the behind the scenes hard work for over a year to make sure this was the best conference to date.

Love to you too.

Jim

#326456 - 03/28/10 02:36 PM Re: Conference postings [Re: Geeders]
Deved Offline

Loc: British Columbia
For me, the two lawyers who presented on Saturday and Sunday were amazing. Wow! Gave me a whole new perspective on the legal profession... these guys, Victor Vieth and Larry Lessig, just bowled me over with their presentations. I was deeply moved by Vieth's proposal to end child abuse forever. Even if it's an impossible dream, we can dream, can't we? As a victim of every sort of child abuse, I was crying at the end of this presentation.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." ~Albert Einstein

#326459 - 03/28/10 03:17 PM Re: Conference postings [Re: Deved]
mrrecovery Offline

Well I am still processing things...overall it was a great experience though it was not all roses:

Positives:
- Most of the sessions were very educational (especially Ken Adams, Ed Erghott, and Captain William Carson)
- I had some powerful experiences in the more experiential sessions (e.g. Mike Lew, David Stewart)
- It was great to meet and talk with the authors (I felt very safe with Ken Singer)
- It was great to make new connections and to re-connect with WoR alumni and facilitators

Negatives:
- I found some of the presenters had an air of arrogance
- The presence of non-survivors, particularly females, was difficult at times. For example, i got triggered by one female's comments to me and one presenter's assistant patted me twice on the shoulder (a big no no). I think more clear-cut guidelines are needed for future conferences.

Ultimately the conference experience was good for showing me where i am at in my recovery. For example, before heading in to the Mother-Son Incest session i had two hours to spare and i started to head downtown to do some shopping. On the way i recognized that i was resorting to one of my coping mechanisms and thought "what if i am shopping and i don't make it back in time for the most important session?"....so i turned around and went back to hang out in the quiet room. Two years ago i may not have made such a connection. Heck just 6 months ago I went shooting full auto assault rifles literally two hours before arriving at the Level 2 WoR...as I wrote in my review, Paul told me that it was "natural for me to do something empowering before going in to a place where i will feel vulnerable"...this time i wanted the power to come from within.

#327440 - 04/05/10 09:34 AM Re: Conference postings [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i wrote about my experience with steve gold's session on 'ascending to the realm of hope and belief' . he specializes in treatment of and training in psychological trauma and trauma-related disorders, dissociation, hypnosis, and sexual addiction-compulsivity.

warm regards,

ron

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.