Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (pufferfish, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325778 - 03/20/10 06:19 PM Aaron Vargas
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast

#325779 - 03/20/10 06:45 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: Elad 12]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Had my perp been alive when I remember what he did, I WOULD HAVE killed him. What really pisses me off after researching this is that the SAME prosecutor had people come forward willing to testify and she did nothing about the abuse, yet she prosecutes the boy when he kills his tormentor. I will track this and donate to anyone who runs against this prosecutor or his boss.

Edited by catfish86 (04/03/10 12:23 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325784 - 03/20/10 08:14 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: catfish86]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I will be donating to Aaron's defense fund in the next couple of days. I know there is a lot of anger involved in this. What do you guys think about this? When is it right to use deadly force against a perp?

I know legally in Ohio, you have to be in immediate fear for your life and/or safety or that of another innocent.

20/20 hindsight, wait until he is at your door harassing you. It is easier to make your case. By the way, juror nullification is a valid legal concept. If as a juror you truly believe the application of the law is unjust than you have a right and a duty to acquit.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325796 - 03/20/10 11:57 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This sounds like a good cause.

A lot of judges and lawyers haven't got a clue as to the nature of child abuse and how it happens and what happens.

Allen

#325811 - 03/21/10 11:36 AM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: pufferfish]
just me Offline

This is too heavy for me ;-(

#325814 - 03/21/10 12:31 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: elad

If we had a kinder, gentler society, lawyers would be given a course in law school where they learn about the nature of child abuse. They should learn:

1. That it's a no-no.

2. That the child is never at fault

3. That the child was in some way manipulated or coerced into something.

5. That it's very destructive to the child.

If they gave lawyers such a course, it would take care of most of the judges, since most judges come from lawyers.

I think I still have a newspaper clipping of a judge who made a 13-year-old boy give him oral sex in his hotel room. The boy told about it and that judge was given a stiff sentence. This is the way it ought to be. If anyone asks, I will try to find the clipping.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (03/21/10 12:43 PM)
Edit Reason: added quote

#325817 - 03/21/10 01:40 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

It seems clear to me that this guy was mentally abusing Aaron with the threat of abusing his new baby. And he apparently had every intent of doing so.

#325868 - 03/21/10 11:23 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: kidneythis]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I think that the police that did not follow up after the other guy file a charge against the MoFo. The ones that did not "follow up" on it, they should be held responsible to some degree

maybe send THEM to prison--send a clear message that if you are in a position or job, If it is your job to protect people and you fail to do so by blatant negligence, then you should be held accountable too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Blade Runner

#327149 - 04/02/10 06:06 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: catfish86]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: catfish86
I will be donating to Aaron's defense fund in the next couple of days. I know there is a lot of anger involved in this. What do you guys think about this? When is it right to use deadly force against a perp?

I know legally in Ohio, you have to be in immediate fear for your life and/or safety or that of another innocent.

20/20 hindsight, wait until he is at your door harassing you. It is easier to make your case.

Aha, thanks for the State law clarification. Well I got my revenge by making my police report and then the anger went as quickly as it hit, two years ago. What was I going to do, travel the UK until I found him? And then what?

20/20 hindsight is all we have, we won't know if Vargas went back to the police after the perp made the threat against his daughter and still couldn't get any help, until the trial is finished.

Wish fulfilment of revenge is a nice fantasy, if you make it reality, you flush your own life down the pan and you do the time on top of how long you've already suffered. He's just lucky he's got family around him to help raise his daughter considering he might not get the chance.

#327181 - 04/02/10 09:27 PM Re: Aaron Vargas [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
I was just listening to the local news. The prosecution is offering plea deal that Aaron plea to involuntary manslaughter. That carries a sentence of 6 to 21 years. If he goes to trial and looses it's 50 years to life. He has until the 12th to decide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.