Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (Mr. Malaise), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63547 Topics
443996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#325761 - 03/20/10 01:04 PM Healing Circle for Family and Friends
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Hello all.

To those who showed interest in Healing Circle for Family and Friends, it is running every Tuesday night at 7PM mountain. We haven't seen many show up. I encourage you, please take advantage of this opportunity for real-time support in the chat room. It will be available until we near the summer months.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#325765 - 03/20/10 02:01 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
For March 30th I will be unavailable that evening, nor will the other facilitator, so we will not meet just for that night.

Andy

1. That

#325981 - 03/23/10 10:00 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
honey girl Offline

Loc: Midwest US
Dear All,

I was among those who signed up for the healing circle, and unfortunately I've also been among those who haven't come to the circle yet.
It does take me a while, sometimes, to get in gear with a commitment like this. I've had work and family obligations take precedence, and on occasion just simple absent-mindedness. But I am interested and hope to take part soon.
Tonight, however, is iffy: I have a family obligation that might not even end by the time things get started. If I can be there, I will. Otherwise, I'll look forward to the 6th.
Thanks, Andy, for getting this started and for your patience and persistence.

Peace,
HG

#336820 - 07/25/10 03:11 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: honey girl]
broken13 Offline

Loc: ohio
Will this possibly be starting up again?

I would love for it and think there are some new F&F on the board.

If any help is needed for this, lmk and I will help.

THANKS!!

... there is a cost to the soul of a person when trust is broken.

#336835 - 07/25/10 06:40 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: broken13]
Silly Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I think it would be a great idea.

http://seriouslysilly67.blogspot.com/

The Round Table, Men's Sexual Abuse Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#336842 - 07/25/10 07:27 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: Silly]
wnt2bsupportive Offline

I would love to take part as well. I have gone in the chat a few times but would love to have a chat specifically for family and friends. I think it would be a great help.

#336844 - 07/25/10 07:40 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: wnt2bsupportive]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Another F&F user and I started a Healing Circle for Family and Friends that went from January to May, and only one person besides myself and the facilitator showed up. There would have to be some committment from at least four different people before it would be productive. The one from Jan-May was a bust.

1. That

#336877 - 07/26/10 06:39 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
stripeytshirt Offline

Loc: Australia
I would appreciate this too - but 7pm on what time zone? It may be when I am at work/asleep.

Thank you.

#336886 - 07/26/10 09:28 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: stripeytshirt]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
7pm Mountain is 9pm on the East Coast? If so, I can make it every tuesday. I'm in deep need of some support...

I can commit to this every Tuesday except for August 17th as I will be out of town.

PM me or confirm in this thread, I will keep an eye on it for any answer. You guys can count on me, I'll be there.

Pattycakes

#336966 - 07/26/10 11:42 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: Pattycakes]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
The time we had set up for the last attempt was 7PM mountain/9PM eastern.

1. That

#336980 - 07/27/10 09:26 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
wnt2bsupportive Offline

Well I would definitely be available and would love to join in if possible.

Please let me know.

Thanks so much!

#337054 - 07/28/10 01:57 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: wnt2bsupportive]
hannah7 Offline

sounds good to me too

And again and again Jesus said: It is I, I that you love, I that you enjoy, I that you serve. It is I that you long for, I that you desire, I that you mean. It is I that am enough for you. (Julian of Norwich)

#337107 - 07/28/10 12:43 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: hannah7]
broken13 Offline

Loc: ohio
maybe I should PM 'Former Texan'..... I think he was the moderator for the chat

... there is a cost to the soul of a person when trust is broken.

#337245 - 07/30/10 12:34 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: broken13]
Susava Offline

Loc: Mississippi, USA
I would love to join a chat/ healing circle....However Tuesday nights do not work for me. I am in central time zone and am gone from the house from 6:30 till 9:30. Looks like I may miss out.

I know they have healing circles for our men twice a week, and we do not want to interrupt that at all. Any other suggestions for a different time?

Thanks for maybe thinking about it.

"Believe in someone, trust yourself."

#337476 - 08/02/10 05:55 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: Susava]
Pattycakes Offline

hey susava!

I don't know how it works but maybe it wouldn't matter if you were late? I'll PM FormerTexan.

I hope there can be one soon, I'm really looking forward to it.

PC

#337481 - 08/02/10 09:02 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: Pattycakes]
givemestrength Offline

This time is 11am on a Wednesday where I am and I work at this time so won't be able to participate. However, I am finishing up work in four weeks to have bub no. 2 so I might be able to make it after that....will wait and see what bub's sleeping patterns are like before I committ though..
I'm definitely still interested...

#337931 - 08/09/10 07:29 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: givemestrength]
SunnyGirl Offline

What's the status on getting this started again? I can make it some of the time on Tuesdays at that time, presuming I don't need to work late.

I'm just feeling really frustrated lately at the lack of support on this board for family and friends. Male SA and CSA is such an isolating issue as it is -- I can't talk about it with my friends/family because it's not my story to share. So I come here for support and hundreds of people read each post, but it's just the same 5 or 6 people who are willing to actually reach out and post a response to give support to each other.

I guess if those are the only friends and family willing to break through the silence, I'll take it, but it would be nice if we were there even more for each other. I know the isolation I feel is nothing compared to the feelings of emptiness he's carrying around and denying, but I know I need more than just my therapist on my side.

"Change & growth take place when a person has risked himself & dares to become involved w/ experimenting w/ his own life." - H. Otto

#337936 - 08/09/10 08:29 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: SunnyGirl]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
A date has not yet been set to start this up. I'm waiting until summer is over, and will probably set a date in late September to give this another try.

Andy

1. That

#337942 - 08/09/10 09:56 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
Pattycakes Offline

Hello Andy,

as soon as anything is decided, I would appreciate a PM !!

Thanks for your time!

Pattycakes

#337957 - 08/09/10 01:53 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: SunnyGirl]
Susava Offline

Loc: Mississippi, USA
Sunny,

Just wanted to throw in my fluffy blanket for warmth and support. You are right, we need more.

"Believe in someone, trust yourself."

#338059 - 08/10/10 11:16 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: Susava]
SunnyGirl Offline

Thanks, Susava. I appreciate your kind thoughts and support.

"Change & growth take place when a person has risked himself & dares to become involved w/ experimenting w/ his own life." - H. Otto

#338093 - 08/11/10 02:03 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: SunnyGirl]
poppy Offline

Hi sunnygirl

Count me in. I hear ya re having no one to talk to. I have met some great guys in the chatroom however it is their space and i feel like i am in the way sometimes even though they are really friendly and suportve. It would be nice to have somewhere else to go also.

Poppy

#338266 - 08/13/10 09:51 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: poppy]
DebbieSLP Offline

Loc: NH, USA
I would be able to do 9 PM Eastern on Tuesdays. I guess I will check back here every so often and see if something has been set up.

#339871 - 09/08/10 08:53 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: DebbieSLP]
wnt2bsupportive Offline

Has there been any update on a Healing Circle for family and friends?

#340178 - 09/13/10 09:51 PM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: wnt2bsupportive]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Not yet. The problem is there is not enough people to facilitate.

1. That

#340210 - 09/14/10 11:51 AM Re: Healing Circle for Family and Friends [Re: FormerTexan]
shanti Offline

Loc: USA
I am a newbie and have never posted before but I would like particiapte in anything Family and Friends - I am a spouse of a survivor and having a very hard time. Good luck getting something going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.