Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325650 - 03/18/10 10:29 PM I may of found my preditor on face book
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I have been looking for my preditor for several years. I think that I may of found him .
The emotions that I an feeling is hard to explain . I located a curreny Photo . and he is a harmeless looking old man . Part of me is verry angry. And part of me confused.
I feel like a dog that has ben chaseing a cat. Now that I have coughht him I do not know hvat to do.
I still plan to file a case in civil court. For The lifetime of of ptsd.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#325657 - 03/18/10 11:34 PM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: OKIE MIKE]
just me Offline

"Book 'em Dana"

#325665 - 03/19/10 02:18 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Charlie24 Offline

Hey OKIE MIKE

I found my perp through searching on Facebook. Don't know what drew me to the site. I'm no longer a member of that community, had people trying to contact to me from my past.

I hated and still hate my abuser. I had to finish out high school with him, so fucking miserable. When I found his page I just really nauseous and tight stomach, just felt unwell.

Part of me wants to track this fucker down and just confront him and just go off on him.

Yes I'm feeling anger in my life. We gotta feel anger.

I guess part of me wants justice from all this shit. I feel like everyone should get a fair serving. I don't know how to let go of this anger.

Just hate what this guy did to me.

Charlie.

#325667 - 03/19/10 02:49 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: Charlie24]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Charlie, I wish that I knew how to avoid the desire to Kill this man fo what he did. He destroyed any possability of ever not hateing him . I ahve had over 30 years to Cool off I am still preaty Pissed off .
But If I stand a chance in hell of getting him into court . I have to at least act civil in Court. If that day ever comes

#325676 - 03/19/10 07:56 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: OKIE MIKE]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Mike,

I am with you on this one. I guess I can say that I am lucky that I know who my perps are and both are dead. My pastor and I discussed forgiveness for my uncle. I told him I wouldn't lie to him, if he were alive today I would kill him.

However, I have the out of him being dead. In your case I would suggest giving the legal system a chance to do its job. Do your research on the laws in the state. In addition, if I remember your earlier posts, weren't you both in the military? If so, the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) also applies. I might also suggest looking up the court dockets in the area in which he lives and see what kind of record he has. There are two avenues of justice, criminal (jail) and civil (you sue him for damages ie money).

If the statutes of limitations have run or the appropriate authorities are not willing to pursue it, I might suggest shaming. Post to his facebook page what he did. Find out where he works and send a letter or email to his boss. Contact his family and neighbors. While there are libel/slander laws, it is important to note the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. Because of that, the truth is an absolute defense. If what you are saying is true, he has to sue you AND he MUST PROVE what you are saying is false AND that you know it is.

The potential consequences are that he may identify and come after you. Personally, I might like the thought of that. Anyway, just some thoughts.

Of course, you have to take into consideration with any of this what good it would do for you. Remember that getting yourself put in jail only allows him to continue further harm to you.

Edited by catfish86 (03/19/10 07:57 AM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325682 - 03/19/10 11:15 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: catfish86]
kidneythis Offline

Mike,
I'm guessing you are posting this as a way to vent that anger and avoid self harm by doing something to him. Catfish has a good idea for you to follow up on. I would like to add that you save up and pay a lawyer for a few hours to listen to your case and help you to see what it is that you will need to have to bring him to Civil Court or even criminal court.
There is an outside chance this guy will just fess up when confronted. The amount of fight in him will likely be related to what he has to protect and if he is still abusing people.

I very much recomend you find someone to confide in and help you process away as much anger as possible as anger does not promote clear thinking and I'd hate to see this guy get away from you after so much work trying to get justice.
I know from experience I was wound up and angry so I got manipulated into one blind path after another until the statute of limitations for filing after recall was run out before I realized the people who I was dealing with were playing me.
Be careful chacking out atty's. Get a collegiate dictionary. Have your questions written down and if you can't answer them for yourself after the interview then he/she wasn't being entirely open with you. Remembering technical terms doesn't count so you should write them down and look them up on google. Generally if the google link is from an Ivy League school its safe to believe it. Boalt Hall UC Berkeley, and Hastings are two famous law schools.
Lawyers make their money by being obtuse and getting people to see things a certain way, whatever that way is for the case. So be careful don't show all your cards at once and make sure you understand what you need to.

KT

#325803 - 03/21/10 04:17 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: kidneythis]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I found one of my abusers on Facebook back in January, then I wrote-out a confrontation letter, which I posted on the member-side survivor forum looking for comments. Everyone who responded there said that my letter was a really strong letter, so I copied and pasted it right into a Facebook private message and sent it to him. He was a Vietnam-era combat Marine who I had been frightened of for a long time. And while he did not respond, he did pull his Facebook page. Yes, now I know where he lives, what he does for work, where his wife works, I know that his only son is doing time in the joint in Michigan for felony crime, and I know that he is hanging around a religious private high school in northwestern Lower Michigan and has some involvement with the student body there as an alumni member.

Do you think that I should send my letter to the school's administration, maybe send it to his wife at her job? If you honestly think that this is the guy, why don't you do what I did, write-up a confrontation letter, and run it by us here on the discussion board, then you could send it to him on Facebook. Sending my letter recently was a very freeing event for me, hope that you can enjoy that feeling here soon too Mike.

Mark

#325821 - 03/21/10 02:48 PM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: Trucker51]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Trucker 51 I would do any thing that I could. With in the law. To expose him for his for his crimes.

The short letter that I have drafted :

I am looking for SFC E.H*******z. A fellow soldger that I seved at Fort Hood TX in 1977/78 .

We were both assigned to the 553rd S&S Battalion

Thank You

MICHAEL WOLF

#325823 - 03/21/10 03:09 PM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: OKIE MIKE]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike,

A couple things. You might want to write is a little longer, maybe expressing that your are trying to connect with some past service mates from that time period and are putting a list together of people who served at Ft. Hood back then. Related to that, if he knows who you are and remembers your name as who he did what he did to, then you might want to get a third party to send the letter. If you can somehow get confirmation that this guys is the one, then you can take it from there.

Eric

#325970 - 03/23/10 02:57 AM Re: I may of found my preditor on face book [Re: ericc]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Mike:

Since you didn't give anything away other than your name, rank, and the place that you served together, this letter might get whoever you have found to open-up a little and trust you, even though he might not remember you by name this many years later. It might be a vehicle to attain the goal of exposing your perp, if he takes the bait. I would say that it is worth a try.

By the way, "Soldger" is spelled Soldier. "A former soldier that I served (with) at Ft. Hood, TX in 1977/78".

Let us know what happens.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.