Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
1 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447609 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325627 - 03/18/10 04:55 PM 40 years later
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
48 years old and I finally disclose my secret. I have only been in 2 relationships that I ended after 2 or 3 months. The first was when I was around 25 years old. The second I was 32. Now at 48 I meet a women and start a relationship and after only 4 weeks I try to end it and during the attempt at ending it, I to my surprise tell something that I thought I would never tell. That as a little boy beginning around 8 years old (I really don't remember when it started) I was sexually abused by a man until I was around 12. To this day I really don't know why I told. 3 months later after attempted to end it for the 3rd time, I am writing this to try and understand what is going on in my head. During this 4 month period I have had sex with her which was my first sex with a women in my life. It went pretty well though I do seem to have some problems that I will go into when I have time to really tell it all. I know I don't have the normal feelings that I should have toward a women. I do know that all my life I have had desires to be with a man......not just any man but I feel desires when I see that certain type man that gets my attention...I know he is the type man that was my abuser. I am so confused. Now, for the first time in my life I know what its like to have a normal life. That I can have sex with a women and enjoy it. But it just don't feel right. What should I do. I started seeing a therapist a few weeks ago. Hoping this will make things better. But can't imagine things changing. There's so much to tell.....

Edited by wayne9 (03/18/10 05:01 PM)

#325630 - 03/18/10 05:37 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: wayne9]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Wayne9,

Welcome, dear friend, to Male Survivor.

Your disclosure to your mate is the first step of recovery. This journey will be filled with new feelings and emotions that will continually stabilize your adulthood.

Your discovery, Wayne, is a normal part of the process from victim to survivor. Over the next few months, you will remember and discover other facets of your childhood and abuse. This will be a process, so be patient, like riding a roller-coaster.

CSA, Child Sexual Abuse, is riddled with confusion about power, gender, and trust. You will begin to sort these out.

It is imperative, Wayne, to continue talking and posting. We tend to suppress our emotions and memories. Let us know the good, the bad, and the impossible.

You are among your peers, friends, and fellow abuse sufferers.

We are ready to believe, Wayne, please lean on us.

Heal well,

Sasuva(Sam)

#325633 - 03/18/10 05:43 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: SamV]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Wayne,

Right on. The power of sin is in secrecy. Let it out here and you will find we don't have much use for stones, sticks or names. That secrecy is what binds everything up. Like a boiling pot of water, keeping the lid on never stops what goes on inside. You will learn a lot about yourself in this process. Keep it coming. When the time is right for you, bring it out and feel free to read on and learn from others. Sorry for the need to be here but happy to see you.

Catfish

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325638 - 03/18/10 07:51 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: catfish86]
Gus Bierer Offline

Wayne9

You've made the right choice by coming here, i've searched the net and this is the best site for support for abuse survivors. Like you i'm all confused about my sexuality, who wouldn't be. I think you did the right thing by being honest with your girlfriend about your past. Honesty is key. This way if you come out to her one day and say that you'd rather be with so in so it won't come as such a shock.

What i've enjoyed about the site is that people are truly wanting to get well, and overcome the effects of csa. I like being apart of something like that because it's way to overwhelming to try and figure this stuff out for myself.

Also, getting into therapy will help your recovery immensely. Your starting out right by being honest with us here at the site, but a professional therapist can really give you good advice on how to handle your present relationship. I've been going to therapy off and on for several years and i finally got a sex specific therapist who specializes in issues that you and i have. Look for one in your area.

Gus

#325651 - 03/18/10 10:52 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: Gus Bierer]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the kind words guys. I would like to tell more when I have time. Maybe this weekend.

#325700 - 03/19/10 02:24 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: wayne9]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother,

Welcome to MS. here you will receive compassion, understanding & love, from your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain).

We all have been there.
We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We do not judge anyone. We will listen to your cries, we will help in your fear. and feel your tears.

You are in the right place, at the right time & with the right people.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life.

Don't be too hard on your self. It took me 55 years after the last act of sexual aggression, for this to come to my conscious mind.

I was married for 36 years, it was an emotional less one from my part. I never had any emotions toward girls/females. Save for 3 females starting around 27 years old.

I was never meant to have been married. All my sexual pleasures have come from Ralph & those strange men. You are not alone in those feelings.

Heal well my brother, wayne9, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete.trying desperately to become 1.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#325741 - 03/20/10 03:31 AM Re: 40 years later [Re: petercorbett]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Its 2am. can't sleep. Had a conversation with her a few hours ago. I know she means well. She thinks I should just quit thinking this way. That now I know what "normal" is like and just be normal. She can't comprehend that I want to be normal but can't. I know that I have to take the blame for this. I should have told when it was going on. That by keeping it to myself I taught myself to be this way. That as I grew up masturbating to what I knew felt good has trained my mind to think this way. But it ain't that easy to just think the right way. She don't understand that I hate what I have become.

Most think I have it so together. I am doing well in my life. Have a good business. Everyone except my two closeest friends think I am fine. These two know now what has happended to me but have know clue how screwed up I really am.

What do I do now. I have faced the fact that I can't have what I feel is "normal" desires for me. But do I really need to be in a relationship with a women knowing I have thoughts and desires that are opposite. I few weeks ago after leaving a meeting with my counselor my girlfriend and I stop and ate at TGIfridays. As we sit there, me telling her what was talked about. That I shared with the Dr. for the first time that I really have problems with thinking thoughts of other men. She thinks I should just stop thinking this way. As we are talking a group comes in and sits at the table next to us and I am checking this guy out....the kind that always gets my attention. He reminds me of "Him". She don't even realize I am doing this as she is telling me that I shouldn't. I do it without even noticing. I am shocked that some of my buddies have never ask what I am looking at as I notice these men.

She will never understand that the feeling I have inside is so normal to me.......its like feeling the need for food when I am hungry. It seems that normal.

How can I feel this way yet enjoy sex with her like I did.

I do know this... I don't feel a desire to be with a women like I do a man just by looking at them. With her I need physical contact. As soon as we start kissing I get an erection and I am ready. But don't think I have every got erect just from thougths of a women......

Edited by wayne9 (03/20/10 03:39 AM)

#325755 - 03/20/10 10:30 AM Re: 40 years later [Re: wayne9]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, my fraternal brother.

I have sent you a PM (private message) on the top of your screen, you will see a flashing envelope, click on it and you wwill see my PM (private message) that i've sent to you.
Only you and i, or the person who has sent you one can read it.

You, are not alone my fraternal brother.

You have little Pete & big Pete's compassion, understanding & love.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, wayne9, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darlness, into the sunlight, forever into eternity."

Little Pete & big Pete, desperately trying to become 1.

Hope Springs, 2010.

#325861 - 03/21/10 10:26 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: petercorbett]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just had another argument with her. I can't deal with all the stuff thats been going on in my head the last few months and deal with trying to "just be friends" as she has suggested since its obvious that I don't need to try a relationship right now. I am so tired of this......I seem to be worse off than I was before I told my secret!!!

sorry if this is not the right way or place to be telling this stuff. I'm not really sure how this works.

Edited by wayne9 (03/21/10 10:27 PM)

#325929 - 03/22/10 04:44 PM Re: 40 years later [Re: wayne9]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, my fraternal brother,

Yes, my brother Wayne. It sure seems like we were better off before telling anyone (wife), our SECRET.

Like me, when i had my first T session, the first person who I was face to face with. I finally had told someone face to face. It was hard to do, i didn't know how to tell him. But as soon as he closed the door to his office my mouth was going a mile a minute, i didn't have control over it. I just blurted it out.
When the session was over and i was walking to my car to drive home. I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders. I was euphoric, I was so high that when i got home, i grabbed my wife and gave her a hug & kiss. She was dumbfounded. I told her now I am "free". My SECRET is out and i am happy.
Well after a while i was back into the depths of hell all over again. Where was my peace? I TOLD!
My brother,Wayne what you are going through is rough, it hurts,all those long buried SECRETS are still in you, but my brother, remember what i had written "be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life". This is all part of the healing process. We have to make adjustments in our relationships, either permanently or temporary.
For me, I had to leave everyone. I need all my time and energy for that lost boy who came home in my memory.
This is the RIGHT place to come. Tell what's in your heart.
If you feel safe, this is the place to come.
I WILL LISTEN TO YOU. I will even cry with you. It hurts my brother, but you have to have HOPE.

I hope that this might make some sense to you. I probably babbled for too long.

Hang in there my brother, Wayne, hang in there. It will get BETTER, it will take a long time.

Heal well my brother, wayne, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete, trying desperately to become 1.

Hope Springs, 2010.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.