Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Austintexan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#325476 - 03/17/10 01:42 AM Judge got it right. pedo to be sentanced
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
An adelaide (South Australian) Judge would not accept apology of serial pedo

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/pedophile-coach-at-the-hand-of-satan/story-e6frea6u-1225841333960

Let's hope he gets the sentance right.

Dusty

#325489 - 03/17/10 07:58 AM Re: Judge got it right. pedo to be sentanced [Re: Dusty Boy]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The survivors are on to his crap.

In their victim impact statements, the boys - now grown men - said they would never truly recover from Bennett's abuse.

"The view I have of the world is cold and dark, because I have viewed pure evil," one said.

"In my eyes, your actions were at the hand of Satan... a truly remorseful man would not still be claiming innocence."

Another victim said Bennett had robbed him of his love of basketball "to satisfy your sexual fantasies".

Oh but to have the chance to face my own perp before a judge. Then again, I can't even remember his face.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#325523 - 03/17/10 01:54 PM Re: Judge got it right. pedo to be sentanced [Re: catfish86]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: catfish86
a truly remorseful man would not still be claiming innocence."

Too right. This guy swears up and down that he just did not do any of these things, all through a trial, and only after the jury says "Guilty" he suddenly feels bad enough to "take responsibility for what he did" and begs for mercy? It really makes me want to...laugh, actually. Seriously. I can't help it, because in spite of everything I find it incredibly FUNNY that this guy is expecting anyone to believe this. Beyond "sad, sick, pathetic, twisted"...it's outright comical.

And it's a scene that plays itself out every single time a perp is found guilty after months of calling his accusers liars to their faces and spending every ounce of energy he has trying to convince the jury that he's innocent. Two hours later, when there's nothing left but the sentencing and it's clear that protests of innocence will accomplish nothing, then it's time for the crocodile tears and "I'm soooo sorry, I take fully responsibility, please be the good people I know you all are and ask the judge to only give me a couple of months instead of ten years." Like hell. Do you think if this guy was found Not Guilty he'd be suddenly remorseful? No; he'd be indignant about how those liars dared to accuse him of "such a horrible thing".

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#325525 - 03/17/10 02:03 PM Re: Judge got it right. pedo to be sentanced [Re: melliferal]
kidneythis Offline

Ick! My skin crawled just reading it. I hope he gets the maximum whatever that is downunder.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.