Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (Mike26, Obi, pattom, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63543 Topics
443971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#325437 - 03/16/10 06:46 PM When the parents are almost as bad as the perp
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
BBC News

So your 4 year old son has been abused, you find out after two years, you go through the gamut of emotions...and then you think "we can move to a nicer house out of this" by blackmailing the perp into paying you $27,430 (18 Grand in UK money) and having the perp quit teaching in his local area and move away without getting arrested or blacklisted.

Thank God this poor kid disclosed a second time to school staff which is the only reason the perp was arrested, went to court and was essentially let off jail due to the parents having taken this money - but has been banned from teaching forever as should have happened two years before. If they wanted the money that badly they could've sued him whilst he was in jail.

The NAPAC representative, I can't believe how polite he was about it (if non-UK people can hear the radio clip halfway down the page).

Frankly, they deserve prosecution themselves and any CSA happening to any more kids in the new area the offender moved to by this perp, is on their hands. I thought I'd heard it all when a judge let a perp off due to the first victim's father's Christian forgiveness, only for the perp to go off and rape another kid, and now this. Some parents just need their heads slammed against a wall.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (03/16/10 06:51 PM)

#325441 - 03/16/10 07:23 PM Re: When the parents are almost as bad as the perp [Re: ComicBookGuy]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
Ain't that the f'n truth!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

#325448 - 03/16/10 08:19 PM Re: When the parents are almost as bad as the perp [Re: GeorgeMartin]
kidneythis Offline

Very definitly the parents abused that boy by letting him down in a way they will never be able to make up for.
Protection from harm and getting justice when harm occurs, as you all know is the primary function of parents. They essentially prostituted their son for 18,000 Pounds Sterling. I wonder if the boy is aware of the money exchanging hands since he was able to talk about/report the abuse 4 years later? If he did/does, the relationship with his parents is forever tainted and he will have self worth troubles even with the help he will be given.

So sad, my heart cries for him as I know first hand what its like to have family like that. I think they should be jailed but separation might damage him further. Making them financially responsible for any post payoff victims sounds like a good solution but that too will affect the boy. Maybe there is a just way to penalize them after he is emancipated and living on his own in a self supporting manner? Thats only ten or twelve years from now. I understood the story to say the abuse was at 4 and he reported at 8. But he could have been abused at 2.

#325452 - 03/16/10 08:48 PM Re: When the parents are almost as bad as the perp [Re: kidneythis]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Wow. There was a (triggering) Law & Order SVU episode where a "Michael Jackson" type superstar had sex on an 11 year old boy. The star "paid off" the parents. The detectives discovered at the end that the payment was actually made BEFORE he perped him. They were pimping their son...

I know it's fiction, but truth is unfortunately stranger at times...

My Story

#325454 - 03/16/10 09:08 PM Re: When the parents are almost as bad as the perp [Re: Jim1961]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Its rediculous because money was paid he gets away with it. The perp should go to jail and the parents should as well for blackmail. Leave the kid with an uncle or grandparent, the parents will just do him more harm than good if they could do something like this

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.