Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63209 Topics
441984 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327743 - 04/08/10 04:38 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: fhorns]
Charlie24 Offline

For everyone who replied to this post thanks so much for your help, your insight and your advice on my questions. I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to help me out. Great group of brothers and friends here.

Charlie.

#335412 - 07/06/10 12:59 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: fhorns]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I have taught children with both disorders

the cause is not knows for sure and many things

contribute to thinking vaccinations cause them

it is usually found around the age when children

get the vaccinations, some of the documents shared

have not been proven and even taken back on their findings

And aspergers happens young too, I had 3 and 4 yr olds with it. Sometimes it is not easy to see, and it did not fit anywhere else when it was discovered so they put it in with autism due to the problem with social cues. I live with someone who has Asperers.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#335413 - 07/06/10 01:00 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: michael Joseph]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

sorry my g sticks Aspergers

#335414 - 07/06/10 01:18 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: michael Joseph]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

To date there has been no conclusive, scientific evidence that any part of a vaccine, nor any combination of vaccines causes autism.There is also no conclusive data that any type of preservative (i.e., thimerisol) used during the manufacture of vaccines plays any role in causing autism.In 2001, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) released findings from their separate reviews of the available evidence on a possible link between vaccines and autism. Both groups found, independently of one another, that existing evidence does not support such a connection (Immunization Safety Review Committee 2001; Halsey et al 2001).

Because there is no conclusive scientific evidence of a link between autism and vaccines, the National Immunization Program at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with the AAP and the American Academy of Family Physicians , suggest that physicians follow the recommended childhood immunization schedule that is published every year (MMWR 1998; Halsey et al 2001).

Physicians are advised to take careful family histories of all their patients to bring to light any factors that might influence their recommendations about the timing of vaccinations.

#335427 - 07/06/10 02:51 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: michael Joseph]
kidneythis Offline

I have social clumsiness in new situations. But if I trust the people and feel safe I don't. Why I trust or feel safe with some is often based on how I meet them. If I am introduced seems the best way for me. I'm a bit hamstrung here because when I am introduced to someone unscrupulous I am vulnerable to harm.
Another method I use now that you make me think of it is that I supress the feelings that make me clumsy and inept. This doesn't fix anything just allows me to hide my discomfort.

The other social clumsiness problem is that I don't seem able to learn how to function at will. I see now I mostly use preformatted or prelearned forms of talking and reacting that fit what I'm thinking or feeling closely or just work to get me through.

Hmm I have thought I had Asperger's but it always comes back to the isolation in that dark closet for months and the ECT as the source of whatever problem is making me think of it then. I have the ability to function normally sometimes w/o the fears and shame affecting me this is usually when I am engrossed in something I find enjoyment in and am able to be good at or at least good enough to seem good to me.

Edited by kidneythis (07/06/10 02:52 PM)

#335440 - 07/06/10 08:05 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: kidneythis]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

normally they miss the social cues completely and do things most of us would not do

as children they tend to play on their own more

but we are also indivuduals so no one will look or act exactly like someone else

there are many things we learn about because of word of mouth

or someone believes there is a connection but there is nothing to back it up

this is just one of those situations

#339219 - 08/30/10 04:30 AM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: JustScott]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
I started recovery from csa at 24 but did not get diagnosed for add and aspergers until I was 39.

I have questions about the overlaps between csa and apsergers. Ie stimming

I'm glad I read your post.

smile

Edited by CheerfulJohn (08/30/10 04:34 AM)

#340318 - 09/16/10 01:47 PM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: fhorns]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
I also see Mercury's link with Aspergers. Also maybe my sons epilepsy (though he has a sodium channel gene fault too)

thanks for your post

#366070 - 07/16/11 11:04 AM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: fhorns]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I rather think that early abuse causes Aspergers/autism symptoms. Not the only cause, but in some cases it is.

Allen

#366975 - 07/30/11 04:06 AM Re: Aspergers or Autism [Re: pufferfish]
well-intended Offline

Loc: Belgium
It's trauma.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.