Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (myrlin), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446826 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#325274 - 03/15/10 01:04 PM Dutch "pedo party" disbanded
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Mar 15, 6:43 AM EDT

Dutch pedophile political party disbands

AMSTERDAM (AP) -- A Dutch political party formed by self-described pedophiles has voted to disband itself after failing for the second time to participate in national elections in June.

The group, which sought to lower the age of sexual consent to 12, says it could not get the 600 signatures necessary to win a place on the ballot in a country of 16.5 million. It would need 60,000 votes to win a seat in the 150-member Dutch parliament.

The party also failed to meet the threshold in 2006, when its creation caused an international sensation.

The group's founders said Monday that debate about the party had prevented any substantive discussion of its goals.

The Party for Brotherly Love, Freedom and Diversity, known by its Dutch acronym PVND, said members voted Sunday to dissolve.

*snerk*

In other news, the "People's Movement for the Daily Kicking of Puppies" also failed to gain traction on the national political stage...

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#325276 - 03/15/10 01:42 PM Re: Dutch "pedo party" disbanded [Re: melliferal]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Melliferal,

It's good to hear that the dutch have some common sense. It amazes me that these self described pedophiles can even risk banding together to try and form a party to push their agenda.
While here the United States we can't even be open enough to discuss providing health care for the needy or enacting some type of financial reform without shouting each other down.
As much as I despise the behaviors of men who are pedophiles. I must admire the dutchs people respect about all of their citizens being able to speak their beliefs no matter how distasteful they maybe. Because how can you address something if nobody is willing to talk about it.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.