Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438119 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325216 - 03/14/10 10:45 PM Who's Excited that the conference is coming up?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Personally I can't wait there are several workshops that I am looking forward to. Also looking forward to being with good people who understand me.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#325243 - 03/15/10 03:51 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Southwest Airlines is giving away free beer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and I am flying 2 separate legs with them on March 17th from Denver to LGA!!!

#325248 - 03/15/10 08:49 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: Trucker51]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Brother I am uber conflicted; the pesky 'me' that I am doesn't now which response mechanism to utilize: flight, fight or freeze. Part of me wants to barf, but another part is pregnant with anticipation. I'll just be glad when I get there so this war of tensions subsides. See you later!

#325254 - 03/15/10 10:06 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Free beer, a $99 a night suite in Manhattan. You are doing quite well for yourself LOL

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#325255 - 03/15/10 10:10 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ron,
The response mechanism you should utilize is a no brainer, Flight. As in take a flight from Pittsburgh to New York and go to the conference LOL

#325256 - 03/15/10 10:32 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Taiwan
Wot the deuce?

How'd you change your name thingie?

#325258 - 03/15/10 10:43 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: GentleSoul]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

All you have to do is contact WalkingSouth and put up an announcement of the change in the Male Survivor Public section for a few days. This can only be done once.

#325261 - 03/15/10 11:24 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Originally Posted By: gentle soul

Originally Posted By: onlyakid
This can only be done once.

true, but it can't be done arbitrarily; there has to be a very good reason, such as in your case.

anyway, i'm definitely getting on that plane, so the flight is covered. i hope it's not too cold or i may freeze. on the other hand, until i find a reason to fight, i'll keep that option last on the list. wink

moi

#325290 - 03/15/10 04:59 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Free airline fare and free beer too!!! Only problem is that I have to go through Midway Airport in Chicago so it will be another white-knuckler on the landing there. That is what the free beer is for. Speaking of short runways, Laguardia is pretty short too. Then it is a cab to my hotel unless I want to wait around for Super Shuttle. At least I get to make some cab driver happy!!!

#325303 - 03/15/10 07:49 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: Sans Logos]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Sans Logos
Originally Posted By: gentle soul

Originally Posted By: onlyakid
This can only be done once.

true, but it can't be done arbitrarily; there has to be a very good reason, such as in your case.

What Ron says is quite true. I don't wanna be inundated with requests for name changes. Plenty to do around here without adding to the work load! Now where's my hammer and chisel? wink

#325314 - 03/15/10 09:12 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: WalkingSouth]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Aww poop John! cry

I was going to request a name change to:

Antidisestablishmentarianism

That wouldn't have added too much would it? grin

I'll shut up now...

#325329 - 03/15/10 10:31 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Don't worry Mark, they only overshoot the runway when it snows at Midway LOL. You'll be fine. Last Major incident involving midway was 5 years ago during a bad snowstorm and the time before that was 1976.

#325349 - 03/15/10 11:54 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: onlyakid]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

And then a week after the conference I am flying Southwest into Burbank, nothing like living dangerously, eh???

#325350 - 03/16/10 12:14 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up? [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Remember to pay your life insurance premium LOL

#325467 - 03/16/10 11:54 PM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: Sans Logos]
mrrecovery Offline

Originally Posted By: Sans Logos
Brother I am uber conflicted; the pesky 'me' that I am doesn't now which response mechanism to utilize: flight, fight or freeze. Part of me wants to barf, but another part is pregnant with anticipation. I'll just be glad when I get there so this war of tensions subsides. See you later!

i am feeling the same! I head out tomorrow and i am quite nervous right now..don't know why as I am in a weekly group, have been to two WORs, and go to NY at least 1-2 per year (I was just there over christmas)...I will be meeting at least 5 malesurvivors I know (probably many more)...yet still i am nervous.

#325479 - 03/17/10 02:27 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: mrrecovery]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

All right, the countdown is on!!! Just 12 hours and 36 minutes until my flight is supposed to leave DIA!!! I've got my boarding pass, I bought a new suitcase, I even bought a new coat, and a couple of new shirts. Got my bag packed, I'm ready to go. Now if I can just wake-up before Noon???

See you guys there Thursday bright and early,

Mark

#325483 - 03/17/10 05:29 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: Trucker51]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Travel safely guys...

Stay cool! cool

Jim

#325504 - 03/17/10 11:08 AM Re: Who's Excited that the conference is coming up [Re: Geeders]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,
Grab your bags..Its On LOL

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.