Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, gettingstronger, Dave PNW, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324961 - 03/12/10 06:16 PM Democracy
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

* From bondage to spiritual faith;
* From spiritual faith to great courage;
* From courage to liberty;
* From liberty to abundance;
* From abundance to complacency;
* From complacency to apathy;
* From apathy to dependence;
* From dependence back into bondage.

--Alexander Fraser Tytler

#325146 - 03/14/10 01:58 AM Re: Democracy [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
And your solution to avoid us slipping back into bondage?

#325150 - 03/14/10 03:53 AM Re: Democracy [Re: Trucker51]
WellILikeDirt Offline

Originally Posted By: Trucker51
And your solution to avoid us slipping back into bondage?

The mob (majority) is always the most ignorant to the effects of systems of control, it is easier to not see than to see. The mob will remain ignorant and the cycle will continue.

What book was this from Hauser?

#325156 - 03/14/10 07:29 AM Re: Democracy [Re: Hauser]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Everything in nature is temporary. I'll take what we have weaknesses and all. The problem with this list is it reflects the concept that things were pure and then decended. I personally don't think we were more pure then became less so. There were goods and bads then and same goes for now. I'm glad to be part of what we are today.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#325168 - 03/14/10 10:07 AM Re: Democracy [Re: earlybird]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Alan, I read that same quote many years ago. With the current bailouts from taxpayer funds, and the reports how those taxpayer funds have been redistributed, I would say we are definitely in the "loose fiscal policy" part of that desciption. Where it mentions dictatorship, I think of Germany as our classic example. They hyper-inflated their fiat money, then look at what later followed.

Adding 1.8 trillion to the debt is another sign of this loose fiscal policy. I wonder how long before our creditors say "Enough already!" I could be wrong on this number, but I understand we owe China some 800 billion bux alone. If I were in Congress, I would write them a check, hand it over and tell them have a nice day. I am weeks away from being completely out of debt. Get me in that Congress and I would push for the same for the nation. We need to get the heck out of that system. I for one do not relish the idea of handing loads of money over to a bank (interest) for their so-called "services." I read on Yahoo that one credit card company (read bank) has a 79.9 percent interest rate. What?!? Who in their right mind would put up with this?

Mark, get rid of the central bank, and there would no one to be in bondage to. We need to stop enriching the private Fed with our hard labor. With their own math, this nation can never get out of debt. I see our government defaulting some day, as governments often do.

Edited by FormerTexan (03/14/10 10:57 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#325335 - 03/15/10 10:51 PM Re: Democracy [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

* From bondage to spiritual faith;
* From spiritual faith to great courage;
* From courage to liberty;
* From liberty to abundance;
* From abundance to complacency;
* From complacency to apathy;
* From apathy to dependence;
* From dependence back into bondage.

--Alexander Fraser Tytler

The Egyptian civilization, at more than 3,000 years, was the longest-lasting contiguous civilization on Earth and didn't follow that sequence at all. I'm also curious about which nations this guy included as the "greatest civilizations", if Egypt's 3,000-year span couldn't skew the average out more than 200.

Edited by melliferal (03/15/10 10:51 PM)

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#325340 - 03/15/10 11:17 PM Re: Democracy [Re: melliferal]
lungfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nowhere special nj
maybe by greatest he meant civilizations that were great for the people living in those societies and not just the elite who proffered by the blood sweat and tears of others.

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like to be taught. -Sir Winston Churchill

#325343 - 03/15/10 11:32 PM Re: Democracy [Re: lungfish]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cleveland, OH defaulted on their public debt almost 30 years ago and they are still around, still as corrupt as ever too. The default came during the Mayoral administration of Dennis Kucinich. I once shook his hand back in the 1980s, after he had been Mayor there.

Did you know, with two exceptions, the Mayor's office and the leadership of most City departments there have always been ruled by members of 12 local families??? I was taught that when I attended Cleveland State University back in the 1980s.

For bonus points, tell me for how many years since 1954 the Daley family has held the Mayor's office in Chicago???

Perhaps what we need to do is get rid of public corruption.

#325367 - 03/16/10 08:14 AM Re: Democracy [Re: Trucker51]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
"Perhaps what we need to do is get rid of public corruption."

Half of that battle is recognizing said corruption. There is one banking business that many do not recognize as corrupt, yet has screwed the nation over for about 100 years. Many believe we need this business established in our nation, and without we would be in big trouble. Just the opposite is true. This business has a collection agency which is quite oppressive and corrupt.

Democracy is not what our founders envisioned. They envisioned a republic, where individual rights of property and person are respected and upheld. We hardly resemble a republic anymore, where everyone looks to everyone else to "pay their fair share" of a tax that pays interest to the big bank. There used to be a chain on the Congress when it came to stealing the work of people's own hands. Now government behaves as if nothing is off limits.

Edited by FormerTexan (03/16/10 09:15 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.