Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (don64, Won'tGiveUp, Obi, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444520 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324482 - 03/08/10 06:37 PM Crap, Damn and Blast
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I ordered Mike Lew's book "Victims No Longer" which I haven't read yet, along with some other recovery books I've already read, but of which I wanted my own copy.

Today they arrived and, of course, the one book I haven't read is defective. It was printed over a join in the paper roll over several pages that is double layered and tinted green. I really didn't need this today. Boy, I hope this book is worth the trouble it's going to be to get a non-defective copy.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#324487 - 03/08/10 06:48 PM Re: Crap, Damn and Blast [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Gus Bierer Offline

efm

I'm sorry you got a defective book. Maybe you can find it online. There's a website called scribd.com and i know they have some of eckhart tolle books you can read for free, that is if you don't mind reading off the screen. Personally, i can read off the screen for only so long.

Also, since your pretty irritated about the shape of your book, hey brother i would be too, but try getting into another book. Your local library has something on spirituality, i'm sure. These are not recovery books per say, but delving into spiritual help will definately help your recovery. The more i read the more i'm starting to believe in something and it's helping me keep the world and myself in perspective.

Gus

#324503 - 03/09/10 12:20 AM Re: Crap, Damn and Blast [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Ever-fixed Mark
I ordered Mike Lew's book "Victims No Longer" which I haven't read yet, along with some other recovery books I've already read, but of which I wanted my own copy.

Today they arrived and, of course, the one book I haven't read is defective. It was printed over a join in the paper roll over several pages that is double layered and tinted green. I really didn't need this today. Boy, I hope this book is worth the trouble it's going to be to get a non-defective copy.

-efm

I worked for a publisher for awhile. They routinely replaced defective books without charge. I think they will make good on your book.

The procedure is to send the publisher the defective copy by book rate in a padded mailer with your name and address clearly inclosed with a brief note as to what is wrong with the book.

There is a large used book store in this town. They have one or two copies of that book in good condition for a fairly low price.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#324520 - 03/09/10 06:15 AM Re: Crap, Damn and Blast [Re: pufferfish]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Mark,

I'm reading "Victims No Longer", too! Borrowed it for free from my local library. I'm going to buy a copy of this book. I'm not even finished reading it, but I want a copy on my bookshelf. I may even start rereading it when I finally finish it!

Anyway, look into the library option. At least, until you get a new copy of your book.

Hope this helps!

Your loving brother,

Bobcat

#324522 - 03/09/10 06:42 AM Re: Crap, Damn and Blast [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
your name says it all mark: EF 'M!

i feel your pain,

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.