Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324135 - 03/05/10 11:12 AM Hotel for $50 a night
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
Hey guys,

I booked a place at the Y, about 5 blocks from the conference. However, I made the stupid mistake of going to Hotwire and booking a place that I thought was walking distance to the conference. They have a stinky nonrefundable policy and I can't get out of it. Since I'm going to have to pay for it, does anyone want it at a reduced rate of $50/night? It's a suite at the Murray Hill East Suites on 39th St and it's for 4 nights from Wed, the 17th, and check out is Sun. Also, I requested for two beds if you'd like to split it with a roomie. Please let me know if you're interested or I'm going to have to figure out how to fake a death certificate so I can get my money back.

Jay

#324191 - 03/05/10 07:23 PM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: GentleSoul]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Looks like the Murray Hill Suites is a 3-4 block walk to the Grand Central/42nd Street shuttle, which would take you to the Times Square subway station, where you could catch a #1 Broadway train to Columbus Circle, then it is 2 long blocks to John Jay. Maybe you could try to get rid of your room on Craigslist NYC, if you can't find anyone else. There was a guy out of Chicago that wanted to share a room looking a week or two ago, I don't know if he has found anything yet.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=322128#Post322128

Mark

#324262 - 03/06/10 06:38 PM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Cab would only cost you like $8-9 seems cheaper to me then what you would lose even if you got someone to take the Murray Hill Suites off your hand at $50 a night. I'd cancel the Y and stay at Murray Hill Suites thats just me.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#324445 - 03/08/10 10:33 AM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: onlyakid]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
Thanks Jason. Since no one seems to be jumping on this, I think I might as well shack up at this joint. Besides, the logistics of it all and any incidental charges might make things messy. The good thing is I can get most of my money back from the Y.

Thanks for the 411 Mark! I think I might just take the subway.

Thanks guys. See you all there.

Jay

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.