Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (Greg56, highflight, PhoenixRising, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324413 - 03/07/10 11:05 PM The Green Mile
jls Offline

I'm sure everyone here has seen this movie already but what do you think of it? I watched the whole thing for the first tme last night. To me it is a Christian allegory by way of a wrongfully acused man executed for a crime he didn't commit, yet it is more than this. It also felt that we as people killed God in the film, which is a lesson that should not be lost on us. JS

#324428 - 03/08/10 08:00 AM Re: The Green Mile [Re: jls]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
It's coincidental that you brought this up. We were watching a nature show on Discovery last night and a promo ran for an upcoming program titled "Who Framed Jesus?" and the narrator asked the question, "Who really killed Christ?" My immediate response was "WE DID!"...

Jim

My Story

#324607 - 03/09/10 11:30 PM Re: The Green Mile [Re: Jim1961]
jls Offline

I felt so strongly for Tom Hanks' character in the film since near the end of it you could see he was really struggling with not just knowing that he was about to execute an innocent man, but a part of God itself. He was much like the Roman Centurion who was hesitatant to carry out Christ's cruxificion, powerless to stop it given the weight of the state yet not able to reconcile his actions by simply saying that he was doing his job. Anyways it was a very good film. I always know when a movie is good since it leaves me thinking about it days later, like I am now.

#324700 - 03/10/10 06:26 PM Re: The Green Mile [Re: jls]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
This movie has alot of themes going on in it. Shows how it's human nature to destroy that which we don't understand,fear or is in anyway different than what we see as the norm..

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.