Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (finallyhere, Obi, MrEdd, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#324375 - 03/07/10 05:47 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Michael,

Thank you for the call and sharing this sad news, the hardest part of being an online family is not knowing what happen to each other. Oliver was a good friend to you an I. Those few times we all got together means so much to me. Oliver helped me slowly over come greatest fear, accepting my self. For that I will always be in his debt.

Love you always Michael

Hang in there I will check in on yea regularly

#324382 - 03/07/10 06:32 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Nathan LaChine]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, Michael.

Sorry to hear about a dear friend of yours. My condolences.

I didn't know him, but never the less he was a brother of mine.

May he rest in peace.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete.

Edited by petercorbett (03/07/10 06:32 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#324395 - 03/07/10 08:58 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: petercorbett]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I feel so sorry about Liri. cry

I feel so angry with the way he was treated as a child. mad

He was a marvelous human being.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#324398 - 03/07/10 09:54 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Sorry to hear of this. I did not come on the site until apparently after Lisi was no longer posting. The despair that leads to this is hard to fathom. I thought I had talked my own brother out of it but apparently not. My prayers are with those who love him.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#324419 - 03/08/10 02:59 AM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
peanutarms Offline

that is very sad. very sorry even tho i didnt know him.

#326711 - 03/30/10 07:06 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: peanutarms]
starving.soul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: pa
hello all.

please forgive me if i am intruding.

i am Liri's cousin.

(and i find i'm not exactly sure what i want to say).

as some of you know, he left us a few weeks ago.
it is my hope that he has finally found peace.

i am recently returned from services in that redneck carolina town. and had mixed feelings anticipating the event. as my own emotion has wandered from sick to hollow to rage to raw sadness.

it had been five years since i last saw him. at our grandfather's funeral. weddings and funerals are when we all manage to get together. the last few times though, i realized there were similarities between us. in personality and thought. but there was always a distance. some of which i understood. some of which i was "never told". he was eight years my senior. and i'm sorry to say that i never really knew him. as a person.

a personal project of recent years has been to get to know my family as an adult. secrets aside. forming opinions for ourselves. based on our own experiences, opinions, trials, loves, losses, and life. not what we were spoonfed as children. in a conservative christian household, loving or otherwise.

i was actually in seattle on business a few months back, but only for about 36 hours and barely had time to complete my work. i truly regret not at least calling, even if we could share coffee. hell i probably would've smoked with him (although i prefer only the occasional cigar).

and so i stumbled here. out of blind luck really. i was hoping to find some of his poetry. his writing. and in my digging found far more. a piece of him. and arguably a far more pure and honest piece than i had hoped for.

i would love if you could point me towards more. of his musings. or your thoughts. and if not, then i wish you all the best. and i'm glad there's such a community in which it seems he found comfort and support.

salud.

#326744 - 03/30/10 09:59 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: starving.soul]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I just came across this thread. I had heard that somebody had died, but did not realise that it was Liri.

I did not correspond with Liri much, but i remember his artwork and poetry. I just shed many tears seeing this thread. I can tell he was a great man. When i was starting off with my recovery i remember coming across the thread below (that i believe Ron linked earlier). For those of you who have access to the members side, the "Therapy Project" that he has there was very powerful, and it stayed in my mind for a long time. I copied that idea, and have done a similar thing myself. He was a brave guy, and i salute him.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...0417#Post260417

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#326978 - 04/01/10 05:04 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: king tut]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I also have just stumbled upon this tread. I had no idea that it was Liri.

I am so sorry Michael. I really am sorry for you and your loss.

His art work is extremely powerful! I am sorry that I never was able to tell him that and much more.

Please, you care or yourself, Ok?

love, your friend,
Logan

-Blade Runner

#326979 - 04/01/10 05:05 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: starving.soul]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: starving.soul

i am Liri's cousin.
i would love if you could point me towards more. of his musings. or your thoughts. and if not, then i wish you all the best. and i'm glad there's such a community in which it seems he found comfort and support.

soul,

I may have some more artwork and poetry from my e-mail.

I wish we could construct some king of an appropriate memorial to Liri

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#326987 - 04/01/10 05:49 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Yes, i agree, but at the same time we must respect his privacy with these things. If he didn't share everything with everyone then he may have not wanted to.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.