Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#324325 - 03/07/10 10:54 AM In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer)
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
I just wanted to let you know that MaleSurvivor member Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) passed away last night.

#324329 - 03/07/10 11:47 AM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: M3]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Thanks, I didn't know Oliver, but it seems from reading his posts that he made great strides in his recovery. I'm constantly amazed at the resilience of survivors and Oliver was no exception. Yesterday it was a glorious day here in Seattle, I hope he got to enjoy it.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#324330 - 03/07/10 12:13 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: M3]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
cry

#324331 - 03/07/10 12:16 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Geeders]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Holy........? What happened? ?

#324344 - 03/07/10 01:29 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: M3]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
so tragic. what a great guy and a great artist.

in case you didn't know him, you can read his survivor story to get to know about his struggles.

this post will show the depth of his character as an artist.

check out his other art and poetry.

rest in peace beautiful soul; you touched many of us with your passion.

with regret,

ron

#324349 - 03/07/10 03:01 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
What happened to Liri anyway, last we heard from him he was heading home for Thanksgiving a 16 months ago, then I don't believe that he ever posted again. Wasn't he living in Seattle?

Sorry to hear of his untimely death, he seemed to be a good young guy working his way back from one hell of a tough upbringing.

Mark

#324351 - 03/07/10 03:37 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Trucker51]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
He decided not to go home for Thanksgiving and I spent most of that December with him in Seattle.

Over the last few months, his father began to admit to and apologize for some of the abuse, he and his mother were trying to rebuild trust in their relationship, but his struggles with anxiety and depression were become a greater and greater battle. Treatments weren't working and he had a suicide attempt last month. He began ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy) but that wasn't working very well either.

I called him last night to check up on him. He had just hung up the phone when it rang. His mother had just called to let him know a good friend of his back home in Wilmington, NC had passed away. It was a friend who had shared addiction and recovery but where Oliver had succeeded, his friend had relapsed. His addiction had taken his life and Oliver was devastated. We spoke about it and he had promised me he'd be safe. He took his own life last night.

Oliver is an important part in my recovery story. I don't think there is anyone in this world that knows more about me and my story, and I his. He was a very special person. I already miss him terribly.

#324355 - 03/07/10 04:07 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: M3]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Sorry to hear that Mike, I didn't know that he and you were close. I myself had more than a few buddies from drug treatment go down in flames, it is always hard when somebody that you are close to decides to end the battle. Hope that you don't beat yourself up over what you might have done differently. I feel bad for his family, as it seems that progress was being made. To your credit you tried Mike, gave selflessly of yourself. Sorry that it didn't work out for Liri, it seemed like he was doing a lot better. Don't let this setback stop you from trying again.

We're here if you need us Mike, sorry to hear about you losing your friend.

Mark

#324360 - 03/07/10 04:36 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Trucker51]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
so sorry for your loss.

my story

my vlog

#324369 - 03/07/10 05:03 PM Re: In memory of... Liri (aka Oliver Strummer) [Re: Obi]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Michael,

I am so sorry about your friend. I never knew him, and yet, I feel like I just lost a brother I never knew I had. And I'm very sad for you too, Mike. This feels strange to say to a moderator, but if you would like to talk to someone, I'm more than willing to listen. You probably have all kinds of support already, though. Anyway, I wish you well and I'll pray for you and your friend, too.

Sincerely,

Bobcat

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.