Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (manipulated, Obi, Garf), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447718 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#323997 - 03/04/10 12:49 AM CBNOs
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Ever hear of Christians By Name Only (CBNOs)? I'm sorrounded by them.

Introduce a CSA-based divorce and the CBNOs scurry like the cockroaches they will play the role of in hell. I've begged for help...begged for support and been directed to the door with the same dissmissal phrase: "we are not prepared to deal with such issues."

Sory dude! I dont buy that. The Bible does not dissern between the nature of need. I'd laugh if it were not so directly pointed to my urgent need to hold a family together.

#324001 - 03/04/10 02:01 AM Re: CBNOs [Re: Still]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Robbie,

I'm really sorry that this process is taking your life in so many unpleasant directions. Since you bring this up, I feel like pointing out that being religious or christian doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being christ-like.

I hope you are able to find some of those christ-like people regardless of whether they are technically christians, jews, muslims buddhists or aetheists.

sono

#324015 - 03/04/10 07:44 AM Re: CBNOs [Re: sono]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It is true to this day...Jesus would not have hung out with Jim Baker. He did not hang out with the pharisees. He hung out with the damaged ones that knew where they stood. Not the ones who think they are the elite and deserving of heaven. I think His reaction to them was to write in the sand. Noone knows what was written but they dropped their stones and left. Sad to say but Solomon laments in one of the Old Testament books that there is nothing new under the sun. Despite guns, engines, space technology, computers, cell phones, ipods, the internet etc, there truly is nothing new under the sun, human nature still is what it is...

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#324020 - 03/04/10 09:55 AM Re: CBNOs [Re: sono]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Sono,

Thank-you for your inclusive words spoken in your post. Especially important for me to hear was your last line. Earlybird

Hi Robbie

Earlier i read you post on a different thread. I'm sorry that so many of those closes to you have left you with feeling "discarted". It forces me to look at where I have failed to include others that needed me, but I turned away.

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#324221 - 03/06/10 12:49 AM Re: CBNOs [Re: earlybird]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rob,

Don't forget that tho it was the Romans who crucified Christ, they did it at the behest of the religious authorities, the religious elite, the CBNO's of his day. Just goes to show that the more things change the more they stay the same. It was wrong then and it is wrong now.

I know that probably doesn't help you specifically in your quest for understanding and support from those in your immediate proximity but just keep holding on and keep looking for what you need. Somewhere out there in your area are some people who understand. You'll find them.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.