Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
6 registered (1in6, traveler, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63852 Topics
445853 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#324135 - 03/05/10 11:12 AM Hotel for $50 a night
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
Hey guys,

I booked a place at the Y, about 5 blocks from the conference. However, I made the stupid mistake of going to Hotwire and booking a place that I thought was walking distance to the conference. They have a stinky nonrefundable policy and I can't get out of it. Since I'm going to have to pay for it, does anyone want it at a reduced rate of $50/night? It's a suite at the Murray Hill East Suites on 39th St and it's for 4 nights from Wed, the 17th, and check out is Sun. Also, I requested for two beds if you'd like to split it with a roomie. Please let me know if you're interested or I'm going to have to figure out how to fake a death certificate so I can get my money back.

Jay

#324191 - 03/05/10 07:23 PM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: GentleSoul]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Looks like the Murray Hill Suites is a 3-4 block walk to the Grand Central/42nd Street shuttle, which would take you to the Times Square subway station, where you could catch a #1 Broadway train to Columbus Circle, then it is 2 long blocks to John Jay. Maybe you could try to get rid of your room on Craigslist NYC, if you can't find anyone else. There was a guy out of Chicago that wanted to share a room looking a week or two ago, I don't know if he has found anything yet.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=322128#Post322128

Mark

#324262 - 03/06/10 06:38 PM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Cab would only cost you like $8-9 seems cheaper to me then what you would lose even if you got someone to take the Murray Hill Suites off your hand at $50 a night. I'd cancel the Y and stay at Murray Hill Suites thats just me.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#324445 - 03/08/10 10:33 AM Re: Hotel for $50 a night [Re: onlyakid]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
Thanks Jason. Since no one seems to be jumping on this, I think I might as well shack up at this joint. Besides, the logistics of it all and any incidental charges might make things messy. The good thing is I can get most of my money back from the Y.

Thanks for the 411 Mark! I think I might just take the subway.

Thanks guys. See you all there.

Jay

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.