Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445535 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#323573 - 02/28/10 01:01 PM Spiritual Stuff
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
David was an asshole as king of Israel and his bloodline suffered because of his selfishness as king. But from his bloodline came Jesus, so he sort of redeemed it I guess. So, something good came out of something so bad.

I suppose I'm trying to figure out what good is going to come out of my abuse. Recently, I've comparing it to hat the Bible says about suffering, how God will not tempt us beyond what we can bear and a whole bunch of other stuff. A lot of times I am very cynical about what The Bible says, but I find myself comparing it to what has taken place in my life. I don't know. Just a thought.

#323586 - 02/28/10 05:17 PM Re: Spiritual Stuff [Re: h.beat,h.break]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
What I know of brokenness and the Bible, God can take anything and use it for good, regardless of how broken we see ourselves. It may not be readily apparent, but in time that good is made manifest, and questions (some if not all) are answered.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#323830 - 03/02/10 06:54 PM Re: Spiritual Stuff [Re: h.beat,h.break]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: h.beat,h.break

So, something good came out of something so bad.
I suppose I'm trying to figure out what good is going to come out of my abuse. Recently, I've comparing it to hat the Bible says about suffering, how God will not tempt us beyond what we can bear and a whole bunch of other stuff

Great thoughts, Remy,

What a truly interesting question. As survivors, we reach out to help ourselves, so what can God do for us, and would He?

What good comes from your abuse? IMHO, Faith, a standard to measure ourselves and those around us, and Forgiveness.

1) Faith, is the belief that God's Love will lead us to healing, safety and security.
2) His standards help us see the abuse as a way of life we would never want, nor would we associate with those who want that lifestyle, thus protecting ourselves.
3)He forgives us all the sins we do and everyone does. We need to know how He does that, in order to find the peace for our lives that He has, to grant ourselves the forgiveness he gives to us.

When our loved one is sick or hurt in a hospital, we comfort them, but we allow the doctors, with their training and experience, to fix the problem. We have faith in the healing abilities of the doctors. Doctors are the mechanics, therapists the IT Support, but God is the original manufacture of the body and mind. He has produced a best selling manual, the Bible, and it provides us with the answers we need to see the abuse through His eyes, to know we are not to blame, and that we are precious to Him. He counts the hairs on our head, he knows us so well. Faith, is the belief that God's Love will lead us to healing, safety and security.

God's thought are higher than ours, so his ways are higher than our ways. His standards are designed to maximize our peace, our ability to reason, and attain perfection. So by trusting in the standard of life that God puts forth in the Bible, we can see the abuse as a way of life we would never want, nor would we associate with those who want that lifestyle, thus protecting ourselves.

Forgiveness is a Godly quality, not human, as brought out in the illustration of the slave who owed the king, in the Bible. The slave owed several million dollars to the King, and the King summoned him to pay up. The slave could not, and begged for mercy and extension, the King forgave the debt. The slave went out and found another slave who owed him about 40 bucks. Angry that the fellow slave could not repay him, he threw that slave in jail.
The moral of the story? We are the slaves. The King, you guessed it, Almighty God. He forgives us all the sins we do and everyone does. We need to know how He does that, in order to find the peace that He has, to grant us the forgiveness he gives to us.

Again, IMHO,
S

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.