Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
4 registered (forgive777, Minute2Minute, 2 invisible), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62566 Topics
438391 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#323526 - 02/28/10 01:56 AM Support Group up and running in Seattle/Tacoma, WA
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
WooHoo!!!!!! grin

We actually started the first Support Group here in WA. Well not actually the first. The first one in many years. ISA used to have a group in Seattle.

We had 5 people lined up to be there, but only two of us showed up. But that is ok, because we did it! We met at my home, to begin with. but as we grow, we will look into other options.

The two of us that were there, are both in the MS family. I am so grateful that i actually have a place to go to see people's faces and match them up to the name i know on the MS website.

Anyone interested in joining in is welcome. We have a couple of rules (more later) to protect ourselves.

Please understand that this is a Support Group for CSA's to come together and share their experience, strengths, and hopes. It is not a professionally run therapeutic session.

If you are interested, PM me: pbert53, paul

peace

paul

Edited by pbert53 (02/28/10 02:22 AM)

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#434326 - 05/11/13 02:20 AM Re: Support Group up and running in Seattle/Tacoma, WA [Re: pbert53]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island
I'm curious to know if this is still up and running, as I'm from Bellevue/Issaquah, and I plan on moving back to the area. I would plan on moving to Kent, Lynnwood, Everett, or somewhere cheap (or *ugh, but I kind of hope not* Tacoma/Lakewood, since that was super cheap last I checked- just a hell of a drive to get to Seattle to come see you guys).

#436230 - 05/29/13 05:03 PM Re: Support Group up and running in Seattle/Tacoma, WA [Re: pbert53]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Life's A Dream,

This group Paul started and I helped him run for a couple of sessions. There was not much of a turn out (1 person plus Paul and I) so we disbanded. I know there are several guys in this neck of the woods that may be interested in starting a group. If there is enough interest I would be will to help get the group off the ground and would enjoy being a member.

Anyone interested please respond to this thread or pm me. Life's A Dream shot me a pm when you get back in this neck of the woods and lets see if we can either get a group going or have you join it. Take care and safe travels my friend.

Nathan

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.