Newest Members
baltimura, YotaD55, giant251, Casey_SC, Xr2
12375 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (51), PhillyPa (39), sum1sun (39), time2heal (40)
Who's Online
7 registered (finallyhere, bluesky, Damian1974, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12375 Members
74 Forums
63593 Topics
444251 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#322656 - 02/19/10 05:19 PM You all are the COOLEST FEELING!
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
I was driving to do a quick errand this afternoon, and I heard these lyrics on the radio. I'm sure it's an old song for some of you, but it was new to me.

"'Cause nobody wants to do it on their own,
And everyone wants to know they're not alone,
There's somebody else that feels the same somewhere,
There's gotta be somebody for me out there." - Nickelback

I thought of all of you, all the friends I've made here at MS, and I felt a surge of joy I'm not sure I've ever experienced. I could FEEL you guys with me! I didn't feel alone! I knew when I came back home, you would be here waiting for me. I suddenly didn't feel self-conscious. I suddenly didn't care what people thought about me. I suddenly just KNEW that it was okay to be myself!

It was an INCREDIBLE feeling! It didn't last too long - maybe 5 minutes or so, but those 5 minutes were the BEST 5 minutes I have had in years!

Thank you - ALL of you! - for those precious 5 minutes. I'm going to treasure them for the rest of my life. smile

Your loving brother,

Bobcat

#322659 - 02/19/10 05:38 PM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Bobcat,

It sounds like you had a truly transformative experience. Now you know how it feels, there is a good chance you'll find yourself feeling a version of the same experience (albeit at a different intensity level) in the future. I've had a few of those myself and its great that you realized it's significance *while it was happening*.

A transformative moment and an awareness of it at the time. The only way for it to have been better is if there had been cake! :-)

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#322723 - 02/20/10 07:53 AM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Mark! I'll try not to let go of the experience.

Bobcat

#322728 - 02/20/10 08:23 AM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Good early morning Bobcat, Maybe you could purchase the single and play it every so often till it becomes a mantra of sorts. :=)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#322735 - 02/20/10 09:03 AM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: earlybird]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're right...it is dawn outside. Great Scott, I've become an early bird!!! :=o

Thanks for the idea. I'm considering it.

Your friend,

Bobcat

#322919 - 02/22/10 12:56 AM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
Bob...yep...youre right...liberation !!!!

Patrick

#322927 - 02/22/10 04:21 AM Re: You all are the COOLEST FEELING! [Re: nomansanisland]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Patrick. smile

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.