Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447570 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#322693 - 02/20/10 12:10 AM taping the workshops
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I recently got a mini-recorder for a class that I'm taking and I'm wondering if there is a policy on whether we can tape the workshops at the conference. I'm a horrible note taker and if I miss stuff its nice to be able to go back.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#322694 - 02/20/10 12:14 AM Re: taping the workshops [Re: onlyakid]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I talked about the Conference with my T today. He expressed an interest in whether there would be recordings made available for listening to later. I would also like to listen if there are any recordings of the sessions made.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#322703 - 02/20/10 02:22 AM Re: taping the workshops [Re: pufferfish]
mrrecovery Offline

I am guessing the workshops will be "interactive" and that malesurvivors in attendance will participate so it would seem reasonable to ask their permission..personally, i would not want to be videotaped.

#322784 - 02/20/10 09:04 PM Re: taping the workshops [Re: mrrecovery]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I was not talking about video taping it, only audio taping it with the digital version of a mini-cassette recorder. I guess I really should ask permission from the other participants.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#322868 - 02/21/10 03:12 PM Re: taping the workshops [Re: onlyakid]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Yeah if i was you i would ask permission of the particular workshop organisers and the participants.

They are interactive, so you would probably record other participants voices.

I personally wouldn't record anything even with permission- since people may feel pressured into saying it is okay, or it may make them feel nervous and afraid to talk knowing that they are being recorded- so it may impede the benefits of the workshop for them.

It would be up to the workshop organisers to see if it is a good idea to propose asking the participants- it is up to them to provide this feeling of safety in their workshops.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#323175 - 02/24/10 08:27 AM Re: taping the workshops [Re: king tut]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Jason,

I'm afraid that Lewis has a good point - other members might be less honest if they knew their most private feelings were being recorded, even if they understood that it was soley for your personal growth.

I can understand you wanting to record some of it for posterity and healing. It sounded like a good idea to me. Is there a different way of achieving this? A way that doesn't make others uncomfortable? Taking notes on a laptop, say? Or a T-shirt, perhaps? lol As a matter of fact, that sounds like a good idea to me. I might just do that.

Hope this helps,

Bobcat

#323176 - 02/24/10 08:55 AM Re: taping the workshops [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
The decision about taping at the conference is a difficult one, since there are valid reasons on each side. However, we do not allow taping at the confernce. It is not a decision that was easily reached as you can see from the discussion on this thread. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can address those for you.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.