Newest Members
KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972
12419 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
7 registered (manipulated, midnight51, 5 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12419 Members
74 Forums
63767 Topics
445328 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322202 - 02/15/10 04:19 PM Bobcat hopes to make some friends
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
My name is Bob, but to most of my friends I am The Bobcat.

I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I'll put my story in Survivor Stories, but it's a little too soon for me.

I've been in individual therapy for 6 months, and it has really helped me. I haven't had a suicidal thought in all that time, and I'm beginning to think I won't ever again!

I still have a long way to go toward recovery, but I feel that the main thing I am lacking is connectivity to those who can REALLY understand my situation - and that brings me here. I would like, more than anything, to feel accepted. Abuse and all.

I like what I've seen of this website - you are a GOOD bunch of guys! - and I think I will find here what I am looking for.

Anyway, I'm glad to be aboard, and I'll stay as long as you'll let me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bobcat

Edited by TheBobcatAgain (02/24/10 08:02 AM)

#322204 - 02/15/10 04:32 PM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Chances are I might have posted in one of your threads already Bobcat but welcome anyway :D, Arizona's a beautiful place, went there when I was a kid but want to go back and see the bridge sometime as I only made it to the Canyon.

#322211 - 02/15/10 04:56 PM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: ComicBookGuy]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, CBG.

I've run into so many guys here that I would like to count as friends, that I can't remember if I've run into you either (lol), but I would be honored to count you among them.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Bobcat

#322493 - 02/18/10 12:10 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Hey Bobcat thanks for your post on my introduction. I didnít realize you were relatively knew to this site. Iíll keep a look out for other postings of yours. I once lived in AZ. in a small village called Bacavi which is located about 2 Ĺ hours out of flagstaff on the third mesa centered on the Hope Reservation. Ever heard of it? You should visit it sometime that is, if you havenít already. Anyway off subject, thanks for your post. Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#322501 - 02/18/10 01:20 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: earlybird]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, earlybird.

Sadly, I haven't done much traveling, even in AZ. I've never even been to the Grand Canyon, and I've lived here all my life!

Anyway, welcome aboard, and I look forward to reading your posts as well.

Your friend,

Bobcat

#322505 - 02/18/10 01:54 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
Bob....

You deserve the best in life man. i enjoyed talking forgiveness with you in the chat room.
THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SUBJECTS!!!

You will find many here that will be willing to be friends with someone as caring and open as you are. I read your survivor story, you touched my heart ...i am so glad to belong here, and glad that you came too....

For me ,this is the only place that has real people. People who will tell it like it is, and remember that you are a person who comes from the same place that they come from and treat you with respect . we do not hurt each other here, its just not done.
you are in the right place , read some posts, join in the conversations in the chat room...
youre always welcome.
take care Bobcat ( Bob) ...
be good to yourself !
Patrick

#322514 - 02/18/10 06:26 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: nomansanisland]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Bobcat!!

If it's connectivity to those who "get" it, then indeed you're in the right place.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

Sono

#322528 - 02/18/10 10:32 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: nomansanisland]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

THANK YOU, PATRICK! THANK YOU!

I'm usually pretty good with words, but I'm starting to falter. Every time another one of you befriends me, I find it harder and harder to put into words how grateful I am. There just don't seem to be words that are fit to describe how much love and belonging I feel from all of you. I'm just not used to being loved and accepted this much.

But I'll try...here goes...

Thank you for my life, Patrick. You're not stopping me from suicide or anything like that, but...you're saving me nonetheless.

I really have to go for a tissue now. I can't see the computer screen anymore.

Thank you for my life.

A very grateful Bobcat

#322532 - 02/18/10 10:45 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: sono]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you, Sono, both for welcoming me and feeling connectivity with me. I only hope I can be helpful to you in return.

If you ever need to talk about something, I've been told I listen pretty well. I'd be only too happy to listen to you.

Your friend,

Bobcat

#322535 - 02/18/10 10:58 AM Re: Bobcat hopes to make some friends [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
bobcat,

welcome to ms. sorry, that you have to come here but glad that you have the support.

you'll soon learn that you will be given a LOT of support, guidance and understanding here. not to mention making friends...

some of these steps in recovery are difficult ones but the rewards are great.

feel free to private message me if you ever need to have a private discussion.

you are a good man! you deserve peace, joy and happiness in your life!

my story

my vlog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.