Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (wearytraveler, Ocellaris, Amandla, lapchinj), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63543 Topics
443970 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#322795 - 02/20/10 10:10 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: G5]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Chris, thank you so much for your encouragement. In fact, I have great news on that score. My Scholarship Application went through! All I have to do is register, and I'm on my way!

I won't say that I'm not apprehensive about going, but I WILL say that my excitement about healing and meeting good people is stronger than my fear of going.

Thank you for your reply, Chris. I appreciate it. smile

Bobcat

#322804 - 02/20/10 11:50 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Hi Bobcat:

Congratulations! I am so glad you have enrolled. I wish you nothing but the best, and I am sure you will get a lot out of this investment. Having been myself to one each of Level 1 and Level 2, I can say unequivocally that I have no regrets whatsoever. I can't describe in mere words what it felt like to be just "one of the guys" when I first walked in. Every one of us in the same boat. And to learn that we are normal, while what happened to us was not. Priceless!

Now I'll offer a piece of unsolicited advice. If you can manage it, take the first days after the WoR off. Just take it easy on yourself for those first few days. The WoR is an emotionally intensive experience, and you'll probably need that time to try and integrate the learning that has just ended, as well as sort out a whole bunch of new feelings. And while in fact they may not be "new" in the strictest sense of the word, re-familiarizing yourself with them can be tough at times.

Congrats again!

Jim

#322807 - 02/21/10 12:19 AM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: Geeders]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Well, to go? or not to go?

Bobcat, take it from a "man".
A senior citizen. That a WoR will change your life forever.
Bashful? Afraid? I will guarantee that in a few short hours, you will no longer be a stranger. You will have a group of fraternal brothers.
Yep, just like you and me. We have spent a lot of time into the depths of our soul & hell too. This is a learning process, and believe me you will learn a lot about yourself during this weekend.

To give you an idea of my first WoR, in Georgia, last May, I posted my feelings from the depths of my soul, about that weekend.

I invite you to read my post of 22 strangers, in the progress forum. Post was made on the 22nd of May, last year.

I will also gurantee you that in a few short weeks, that you will go from euphoria to the depths of hell and back.

I hope to see you there, my brother, Bobcat.

Heal well my brother, Bobcat, heal well.

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunlight, forever into eternity."

Little Pete & big Pete, trying desperately to become 1.

Edited by petercorbett (02/21/10 03:53 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#322818 - 02/21/10 05:18 AM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: Geeders]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you very much, Jim. At the rate I'm gaining friends here at MS, I'm not only going to feel like "one of the guys" BEFORE I walk in the door, I'll probably feel like "one of the friends" as well!

As for taking off time from work, that's easy - I'm unemployed, so I will have plenty of time to process and reflect back upon my (no doubt priceless) experiences at the WoR.

Thanks again for being happy for me. I really do appreciate it!

Bobcat

#322819 - 02/21/10 05:34 AM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: petercorbett]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow, L&B Petes. I read your post. A life-altering experience for you, indeed! I'm especially intrigued by the "shame-busting" session - but don't tell me about it! I want it to be a surprise, something I can anticipate.

By the way, if I don't have any problems with registering or getting there, I WILL be at the Sequoia WoR! The excitement I feel about going is excitement on a level I haven't felt in a very, VERY long time. (Actually, I feel like a kid on X-mas night, unable to sleep for anticipation of opening my presents in the morning!)

Thank you for your response, and your post. I know my WoR experience will be life-altering as well.

Your friend,

Bobcat

#322864 - 02/21/10 02:29 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
mrrecovery Offline

I think you made a great decision!

you can read my reviews of the WORs that I attended in the newsletters...these should give you an idea of what to expect...

page 14 under Robert L.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/Newsletters/MaleSurvivor_Newsletter_Vol_2_No_2.pdf

page 29 under Anonymous

http://www.malesurvivor.org/Newsletters/MaleSurvivor_Newsletter_Vol_3_No_1.pdf

#322876 - 02/21/10 05:02 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: mrrecovery]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Good news my friend, let us know how it went for you, I am sure you will get so much from being there.
I am a little envious, even though I am going to Mike Lew in Victoria for a weekend and then a 1 day event in my home state South Australia

Dusty

#323021 - 02/22/10 09:14 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: Dusty Boy]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Bobcat,

Great! Good for you! Any more questions or concerns....you know where to ask.

Jim mentioned taking time off afterwards, Pete spoke of 'going from euphoria to the depths of hell and back.'

You will feel a widthdrawal after the euphoria. You will need time to 'readjust' as I like to say. The WoR is increadibly good and difficult in the same. But give it your best, in the amount that you can handle. But I'm soooo happy for you that you have the courage. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Challeged? YES! Worth it?
YES!

Good luck to you.....and best wishes. We're all with you and the other first time attendees....

Chris

ps Hey, Jim and Pete.....hope all is well and I'll be at the conference....maybe see you there?

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#323027 - 02/22/10 10:20 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: G5]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Chris:

Hope to be there. $$ still an issue. Tuition fees, someone needs $$ for Rez fees... when does it stop? crazy

Jim

#323037 - 02/22/10 11:38 PM Re: WoR...wanting to go but reluctant to [Re: G5]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Chris! I'm very excited!

I can't find where in this thread that I confirmed that I'm going, but I am! Pending the phone interview, but I'm sure that will go smoothly. Almost everything out of the way except the waiting.

An excited (and trying to be patient) Bobcat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.