Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (traveler, JayBro, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445497 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#322161 - 02/15/10 09:26 AM Bad news/good news?
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi all,

I've often placed news items here about the Church and its scandal of sexual abuse and I recently promised one of my brothers on MS to look for an article that gives a more balanced statement about the bad and the good. I've looked and looked and this comes the closest to date.

http://www.bcheights.com/opinion/columns/changes-for-the-catholic-church-1.1158499

I promise to keep looking Peter.

Dale

#322165 - 02/15/10 09:57 AM Re: Bad news/good news? [Re: Dale English]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Wow, if that's balanced (and I'm not saying it isn't...) that's a pretty damning assessment.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#322168 - 02/15/10 10:36 AM Re: Bad news/good news? [Re: LandOfShadow]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I was raised a Catholic. I am a survivor but not of the Catholic clergy (at least not that I can remember). However, I can remember a pastor that had paid me a few quarters to pull weeds etc. When I came for payment another priest in residence was on the porch and chatted with me. The pastor came out and rudely shoo'd him away telling him he knew he wasn't supposed to talk to children. I can't remember the exact words he used but essentially he complained about being saddled with such a creature. I thought it odd enough to stick in my mind but now I understand it. I find it odd that God created sex and then His church should forbid its proper practice (ie marriage) among the priesthood.

Edited by catfish86 (02/15/10 11:24 AM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.